7ei of Trauma Sensitive Schools Introduction
This training is an introduction to the model of trauma informed care that Wellpoint Care Network has developed over the past ten years and have implemented across a variety of school environments.
“Prevalence. Impact. Perspective Shift. Regulation. Relationship. Reason to Be. Caregiver Capacity. Learn the basics of these Seven Essential Ingredients, and discover how Wellpoint’s unique model of Trauma Informed Care can be implemented across a variety of school environments.
Participants who attend this training will be able to:
- Describe the prevalence of adverse experiences and the scope of their impact.
- Describe how trauma affects the brain and influences development, behavior and learning.
- Identify factors that enhance the capacity for positive relationship for students who have adverse experiences.
- Describe how purpose, belonging and safety enhance client well-being.
- Identify techniques that enhance caregiver capacity and connect them to client outcomes.
- Identify action steps to create a trauma sensitive school environment for all students.“