Adult Mental Health First Aid
Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Services is offering a “Adult Mental Health First Aid” training:
“The virtual Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among adults. Learners complete a 2-hour, self-paced online course, before participating in the 6-hour, virtual Instructor-led training.
Who should attend?
- Police officers.
- Hospital staff.
- First responders.
- Caring individuals.
What it covers:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges.
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
- How to interact with a person in crisis.
- How to connect a person with help.
- Expanded content on trauma, substance use and self-care.”