Beginning Grant Writing
October 11th-October 12th: UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education is offering “Beginning Grant Writing”:
“Gain the insights you need to begin the grant writing process with confidence using practices you can implement immediately.
How to find funding and write with confidence
This in-depth online program will give you the insights you need to begin the grant writing process with confidence. The course will provide you with the basics of grant proposal writing, where to begin, and offer tips and best practice insights that you can implement immediately — in fact, you’ll start during this workshop! You will take away the tools and knowledge to immediately begin the process of seeking grant funding. You can also build on your skills by participating in the Advanced Grant Writing program. If you attend both Beginning and Advanced Grant Writing you will earn a Professional Grant Writing Certificate.
You will learn:
- Insider tips for identifying both public and private grant sponsors
- How to understand what grant sponsors are looking for — and how to deliver it to them
- A 4-step process for picking sponsors with the highest likelihood of funding your projects
- The primary elements found in most grant proposals
- How to recognize the critical details that grant sponsors expect you to address
- How to avoid common grant-writing mistakes”