Certificate of Nonprofit Accounting Essentials
Beginning August 11th @ 12pm CT: the Georgia Center for Nonprofits is offering their “Certificate of Nonprofit Accounting Essentials” series:
Obtain the practical skills in financial and accounting management your organization needs while growing your opportunities within the sector. Redesigned and updated for 2022, this series provides the training essential for any finance or accounting staffer new to the role or the sector, as well as any nonprofit professional or volunteer looking to understand financial reporting and statements.
Looking to take your skills to the next level? Check out the Certificate of Nonprofit Accounting and Finance Operations.
- Reading and interpreting financial reports, with a focus on the impact of operational decisions
- Building user-friendly reports
- Developing useful statistics and measure costs
- Developing sound financial management that aligns with your organizational mission
- Accounting and finance staff new to their roles, new to the nonprofit sector, or looking for a refresher
- Non-finance staff looking for the fundamentals, particularly program and fundraising/development staff
- Board members, particularly those on committees like finance, fundraising/development, and programs
ACCT 110 | Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting, Part 1
Learn the essentials of nonprofit accounting, featuring real nonprofit examples and reports for a practical understanding of the jargon, accounting rules, roles and responsibilities, and procedures and policies. Topics include Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), accrual vs. cash basis accounting, revenue, deferred revenue, and receivables. Formerly ACCT 200. Learn more.
August 11, 2022
ACCT 120 | Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting, Part 2
Go deeper into nonprofit accounting, exploring concepts like the chart of accounts, functional classification, grant classification, functional allocation of expenses, fixed assets, and net assets. Formerly ACCT 205. Learn more.
August 18, 2022
ACCT 130 | Nonprofit Financial Analysis
Learn how the three primary financial reports – balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows – interrelate, as well as how your operational decisions impact them, how they differ from those produced at for-profit organizations, and more. Formerly ACCT 210. Learn more.
August 25, 2022″