Conflict in the Workplace: Crafting and Adapting Your Role in Resolution
Beginning January 16th: UW-Madison Continuing Studies is offering “Conflict in the Workplace: Crafting and Adapting Your Role in Resolution”:
“Conflict in the workplace is normal, even inevitable. We tend to avoid it despite the many benefits of resolving conflict effectively. Managing conflict can improve decision-making, strengthen professional relationships, increase employee retention and significantly contribute to organizational success. In this interactive workshop, you’ll learn about your own conflict styles and examine the pros and cons of each as they apply to varying conflicts in the workplace. We’ll review the 5 approaches to resolving conflict and how to strategize which approach best fits a situation. Learn how conflict can change from dysfunctional to a factor in growth and success. You will understand your role in working toward a resolution with others.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify types of conflict and the five conflict styles.
- Recognize their own communication style and how it applies to conflict resolution.
- Examine their role and position in conflict resolution in the workplace.
- Identify common workplace conflicts and approaches to their resolution.
- Practice conflict resolution techniques.”