Employee Performance Challenges
The Georgia Center for Nonprofits is offering “Employee Performance Challenges”:
“Handling performance issues is one of the most common and challenging tasks a manager can face. Investigating employee complaints must be done with an open mind and plenty of forethought because not dealing with employee issues can lead to bigger problems down the road. Managers must be skilled at dealing with conflict between employees. Conflicts between employees can create workforce stress that impacts performance and teamwork. It is critical to address them quickly, efficiently, and fairly. Participants in this course will learn how to develop solutions for dealing with problem employees and employee conflict.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Perform an investigation of an employee complaint.
- Conduct a performance review process.
- Identify the root cause of conflict and take action.
- Defining legal issues related to employee discipline and termination
- Taking steps to investigate a complaint
- Documenting your investigation process
Resolving Coworker Conflicts
- Defining conflict and the factors that influence it
- Dealing with conflict in a constructive way
Dealing with Difficult Employees
- Defining the underlying problem
- Discussing issues and concerns with employees
- Taking corrective action
- Terminating employment”