Hiring and Evaluating Performance
The Georgia Center for Nonprofits is offering “Hiring and Evaluating Performance”:
“A critical skill for any management professional is the ability to successfully hire and develop employees. Ensuring that a good match is made between an employee and their job can deter problems down the road. This course provides a foundational understanding of key talent management processes, including recruitment, retention, performance evaluation, compensation, and coaching. Participants will learn the importance of these processes, and how to operate proactively when managing talent.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve the employee hiring process.
- Successfully discuss job performance.
- Identify key retention techniques.
Recruiting, Interviewing, and Hiring
- Understanding the employment cycle
- Developing effective job descriptions
- Setting compensation
- Interview preparation and execution
- Lawful and unlawful interview questions
- Conducting reference checks
- Different evaluation models
- How to do an employee evaluation
- Key retention and promotion techniques”