Stories That Stick: Marketing and Communications for Fundraising
The Georgia Center for Nonprofits is offering “Stories That Stick: Marketing and Communications for Fundraising”:
Find out how to develop compelling stories about your clients and impact that reach, affect, and motivate giving from your donors. The course will cover tools and strategies that cut through the noise and get your organization in front of donors.
In a crowded marketplace, compelling stories delivered to the right donor segment are critical to create engagement. GCN experts will help participants mine stories from their organization and deploy them to the right donors using appropriate traditional and new-technology approaches. In this course, participants will learn how to develop stories, focused on client success, from the idea phase through production and promotion. GCN will review production tools and social media platforms that can be used to connect current and potential donors to your stories.
Participants will also learn how to maintain stakeholder engagement with your regular communications, from active engagement on social media, to more traditionally passive (though no less important!) means like your website and even your social media history.
- Storytelling for fundraising
- Maximizing your ongoing communication channels (such as social media, website, and e-newsletter) for fundraising
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create a compelling story of success and impact for fundraising.
- Integrate fundraising objectives into your content development and marketing/communications plan.
- Evaluate whether your website is optimized for fundraising.
Team members who engage with fundraising, especially from individuals:
- Fundraising and development staff
- Marketing/communications staff
- Senior leadership
- Board members, especially serving on fundraising committees”