Strategic Thinking, Planning and Organizational Transformation
UW-Madison Continuing Studies is offering “Strategic Thinking, Planning and Organizational Transformation”:
“Strategic planning provides both a process and a set of outcomes that help you find the answers to core questions about organizational identity and direction. Discover how to construct your organization’s strategic plan, involve other stakeholders in its development and ensure successful implementation.
Desired learning outcomes
After participating in this program, you should be able to:
- Describe the strategic planning process and its essential components.
- Describe the role that strategic planning plays in enabling long-term organizational success.
- Discuss the importance of strategic thinking and its relationship to strategic planning.
- Identify the levels of thinking/planning/action in organizations — and assess your own effectiveness at using the right mix of levels.
- Explore the four phases of the strategic planning process.
- Discuss the value of conducting a SWOT analysis.
- Identify common obstacles to effectively operationalizing a strategic plan.”