Transforming Teams and Organizations Through Equity, Diversity, and Inclusive Leadership
UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education is offering “Transforming Teams and Organizations Through Equity, Diversity, and Inclusive Leadership”:
“Embrace diversity, promote inclusion, and transform your organization with our EDI program. This program will explore leadership impact, address bias, and develop strategies to create an inclusive culture.
Each of us is on an equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) journey. As a leader, it is important to see the big picture of how EDI efforts can transform teams and organizations. Leaders who concentrate efforts of EDI in all areas of organizational effectiveness will experience game-changing success in their industry.
This program will examine personal and professional EDI beliefs and values and explore how these impact leadership styles. Participants will also assess the impact of EDI efforts, explore resources to use in enhancing interpersonal relationships and organizational culture, and develop tactics and strategies to create an EDI culture and sense of belonging in teams and organizations.
- Examine and reflect on the impact of equity, diversity, and inclusion on one’s leadership style.
- Explore concepts of oppression and bias and how it impacts decision-making as a leader.
- Learn and identify areas of professional interpersonal relationships and organizational culture that may contribute to bias, microaggressions, inequality, and discrimination in the workplace.
- Learn how to incorporate EDI research in EDI change efforts for better business practices.
- Develop tactics and strategies to create an EDI culture and a sense of belonging within teams and organizations.”