The Community Partnerships Coordinator reports to the Community Partnerships Manager. The person in this role will assist the manager in developing and sustaining meaningful relationships with neighborhood groups, non-profits, government agencies, lending institutions, and community partners. This team member will also coordinate volunteer activities to support the following program needs:
- On-site home rehab projects/workdays (typically with corporate or school groups)
- In-kind furniture/supply donation distribution
- Assembly and distribution of housewarming kits to each family that closes on a home
- Special event support
- Other activities as needed
The Community Partnerships Coordinator will work primarily out of Acts’ Milwaukee office as well as spend time in the Beloit office and on-site during workdays to support home rehab projects. Someone who enjoys a balance of coordinating details with hands-on projects and customer service is an ideal candidate. They would have scheduling flexibility to coordinate volunteers for weekend home rehab projects, should it be necessary.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for volunteer groups and individuals (corporate, school, etc.); respond to requests, schedule engagements, thanks/gratitude
- Track community partner and volunteer data (contact information, preferences/skills, participation, etc.) in Salesforce CRM
- Effectively and consistently communicate with current volunteers and volunteer alumni via phone, email, in-person
- Review new volunteer applications, interview candidates, complete background checks
- Obtain and file (electronically) commitment, liability, and media release forms from volunteers prior to service
- Provide volunteer orientation/training as needed
- Communicate effectively with homeowners to schedule and prepare for on-site volunteer projects
- Coordinate inventory and ordering of supplies for volunteer projects
- Collaborate with team members from other departments to plan and execute volunteer workdays
- Support Marketing colleagues in planning and executing Board/Committee/Volunteer recognition/appreciation events
- Recruit volunteers as needed
- Coordinate distribution of furniture donations to Acts families
- Assist manager with production and distribution of community partnership collateral materials
- Assist manager with reporting and analytics, specific to community partners and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 1 year experience with volunteer coordination, customer service, administrative
- Database/CRM experience preferred (Salesforce experience a major bonus!)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Flexibility to work periodic evenings and weekends
- Able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to learn/leverage Microsoft Office products, Google Business suite, and Salesforce CRM
- Bilingual English and Spanish or Hmong a bonus!
- Organized and able to work independently
- Track record of successful relationship building
- All Acts Housing employees must be Covid-19 vaccinated (or willing to become vaccinated)
What To Expect In Your First Year At Acts:
- Understand Acts’ overall mission, programs, and goals as well as how your role impacts operational success
- Become a skilled Salesforce user
- Assist in developing hands-on volunteer program, and building a cohesive volunteer team, in collaboration with manager
- Develop relationships with teammates and colleagues across departments; cultivate referrals for family stories
Acts is a rapidly growing organization (adding positions to increase the volume of work we can do and developing new programs and markets that require new positions) which prioritizes professional development promotion from within
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (15+ days based on tenure) plus 12 Paid Holidays and 4 Personal Half Days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (United Healthcare)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) with 3% Company Match
- Welfare Benefits Plan – term life, personal accident, and disability insurance
- Voluntary Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Payroll Direct Deposit and Debit Card Options
- Access to online library of 3,000 courses and 20,000 digital books
- Discounts to various goods and services via the Insperity MarketPlace
About Acts Housing: Over its 26-year history, Acts housing has helped more than 3,000 low-to-moderate income families achieve homeownership; 950 of those families reclaimed distressed properties with Acts’ support. Acts’ full suite of homeownership services makes it a nationally recognized leader in homeownership, with significant demand both from our neighbors and community stakeholders to do even more to support new and existing markets. In 2021 alone, Acts supported more than 270 families to transition from renters to owners (a 50% increase over our prior best year ever!).
Acts is a dynamic and growing organization that is adding new employees in 2022 to better meet the needs of families in the markets we currently serve (Milwaukee and Beloit) and future markets that are eager to benefit from our homeownership services.
Acts Housing Homeownership Acquisition Program:
Milwaukee is losing 1,000 homeowners of Color every year, a pace that has persisted over the past decade. This terrible trend for neighborhood stability has been driven by absentee investor owners who are buying up large swaths of single-family homes and turning them into permanent (and often poorly maintained) rentals. The Acts Housing Homeownership Acquisition program will disrupt the absentee investor owner business model by outcompeting them for the best homes, making these homes available to low-to-moderate income (LMI) families for owner occupancy.
Acts Housing was incorporated in 1995 to empower families of LMI through homeownership. For Acts’ first 15 years, its services included homebuyer coaching, real estate brokerage services, and home rehab support. In the aftermath of the foreclosure crisis, when banks simply would not lend to families to help purchase and rehab distressed, foreclosed homes, Acts filled the void, forming Acts Lending, a nonprofit lending affiliate in 2013. Now, faced with the growing land grab by predatory investors, Acts is prepared to innovate yet again, forming this new social enterprise to further its mission.
Because of Acts’ commitment to its mission, the organizational culture often feels more like a start-up than a nonprofit. The Real Estate Acquisition Program is a new service line led by Dorothy York (who served as Acts’ COO for five years before accepting the position of VP Real Estate). This department will operate at a fast pace alongside complementary programming including homebuyer coaching, Acts Lending, and home rehab coaching. With a goal of acquiring 100 properties per year by 2023, candidates that are brought onto the team can expect both challenges and the incredible reward of helping families access affordable, stable, sustainable housing.
Click on this link to watch a short 3-minute video about Acts Housing before applying.
Acts Housing embraces equity and inclusion. We seek a diverse pool of candidates for our open positions knowing that a team comprised of people with unique characteristics, experiences and identity allow us to better serve our communities.
Please apply using this link: Community Partnerships Coordinator