Our organization is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Program and Logistics Associate to join our team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about facilitating successful events and programs, with a strong commitment to social justice. This full-time position requires excellent project management skills, a willingness to work collaboratively with staff and community partners, and the ability to maintain positive relationships with stakeholders. The Program and Logistics Associate will play a critical role in supporting our organization’s efforts to create impactful programming that addresses the needs of our community. This person will report to the Executive Director.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. They should have experience in event planning and logistics, excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
START DATE FOR POSITION: ASAP UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED.
- Coordinating program materials and supplies to ensure all details are accounted for and well organized
- Securing meeting locations that are appropriate for each event or program
- Coordinating volunteers, staff, and stipend leaders for events and programs and ensuring that they have the necessary resources
- Calendaring and scheduling events alongside program staff and and ensuring information is added to the organization’s calendar
- Confirming and following up with attendees for events/virtuals via calls, emails, and text messages to confirm their attendance for events
- Assisting and sharing creative ideas to support recruitment efforts to attract new attendees and participants to events
- Ensuring that all materials necessary for events (flyers, swag, etc.) are secured within budget and delivered in a timely fashion
- Project managing major pieces of printing flyers/ materials to ensure that they are distributed appropriately
- Assisting with setting up and managing table resources during events
- Engaging with residents and volunteers/stipend leaders
- Engaging and helping to provide direction to attendees, volunteers, and stipend leaders to ensure their needs are met
- Assisting with various tasks during events, such as delivering materials or messages
- Accurately recording attendance for events and programs
- Creating a volunteer flow of support: Developing processes for volunteers to flow into events and programs smoothly
- Maintaining communication between programs and people: Ensuring that all participants and volunteers are informed and updated about programs and events
- Volunteer support: Providing support and resources to volunteers to ensure their success
- Commitment and passion for AART’s mission of social, racial, and economic justice
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to meet deadlines, manage projects effectively and efficiently, both independently and collaboratively
- Takes initiative with the ability to think proactively and has a solution mindset
- 1-2 years of program support experience
- People friendly and attentive to details
- Active and empathetic listener who can take instruction well and a willingness to learn from others
- Basic time management skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and skills with Google Workspace and Zoom
- Commitment to learning and development of self that promotes internal and external growth
- Sees the dignity in all Black people
- Currently lives in Milwaukee or has a lived experience in Milwaukee
- Available to work flexible hours, including occasional evening and weekend events
Salary and benefits:
The African American Roundtable is a project of the Hmong American Women’s Association (HAWA). Base salary for this position is $42,000- $47,000 per year, and experience and aptitude will be taken into consideration for negotiating salary. We provide an employee benefits package including policies and services that support the employees’ mental and physical well-being, financial security, and family needs. We also offer mileage and expense reimbursement for required travel, and a partial cell phone reimbursement.
Please email resume and cover letters to email@example.com by no later than April 17, 2023.