POSITION TITLE: Healing Focused Care Facilitator
ALMA CENTER MISSION: The Alma Center is a community-based not-for-profit agency with a mission to heal unresolved trauma and transform and evolve self, relationships, and community. We envision a world where all people are connected to and making choices aligned with their Authentic (loving, lovable, capable, whole and enough) Self.
STATUS: Full-time Employee
LOCATION: Job responsibilities will be required to be performed from Milwaukee office.
SALARY: $45,000 – $55,000 Annually
- Three weeks paid vacation, 32 hours sick leave for first-year employees, increasing to four weeks paid vacation in second year
- Individual health insurance and pays 80 percent of the monthly premium
- 8-hour shifts between the hours of 8am-9pm
- PM shift (1pm-9pm) twice per week (after initial training period)
- One Saturday per month (8am-4pm, flexed hours that week)
- Work with people, primarily adult men, who are at risk of or who have a history of causing harm in their intimate partner relationship and/or family
- Support individuals so that they may heal from their own experiences of trauma and adversity so that they can show-up responsibly, fully, lovingly, and authentically in relationship with their partners, children, family, and community
The IDEAL CANDIDATE is:
- Optimistic, open-minded, curious, eager to learn
- Collaborative, generative, and able to work interdependently on a team
- Has a fundamental belief in human beings’ ability and capacity to change
- Demonstrates awareness, commitment, and courage to address oppression and privilege within self and others
- Continues to do their own work and show up authentic, grounded, vulnerable, and accountable
- Passionate about this type of work
WHAT IS HEALING FOCUSED CARE? The Alma Center’s innovative practice of Healing Focused Care (HFC) is an evidence-informed paradigm for transformational work to break cycles of hurt and harm that is solidly grounded in the contemporary understanding of trauma and healing. It is a comprehensive model for thinking about, envisioning, and doing transformational work. HFC targets the healing potential of supportive, authentic, trusting relationships to surface the inherent resiliency and wisdom of people who have experienced trauma and awaken a person’s own internal capacities to become the best version of themselves. HFC is embodied in the Alma Center’s organizational culture and is fostered through ongoing and purposeful expectations of vulnerability, authenticity and compassionate accountability with each other and the people we serve.
Responsibilities for Fulfilling the Alma Center Mission
Work willingly, honestly and courageously on your own journey of healing unresolved trauma and liberating from oppression and privilege to ensure that your personal issues and triggers do not interfere with your ability to be fully present, compassionate, authentic, vulnerable, trustworthy, and appropriate in your interactions, expectations, and accountability with the people we serve and other team members.
- Courageously and wholeheartedly participate in the organizational practices of Emotional Wellness which include: Mindfulness, healing circles, personal and group trauma resolution work, healing community rituals
Core Job Functions
- Co-facilitate group trauma resolution work by implementing the Alma Center’s Journey Toward Legacy curriculum as it is designed. (Up to 10 classes per week, 2 hours each session; in person and/or via Zoom)
- Conduct one-on-one introductory sessions (intakes) providing opportunity and space for people to share their personal story and begin the process of transformation. (Up to 5 per week)
- Provide as-needed one-on-one coaching, support, internal and external referrals to appropriate social services to assist participants’ healing journey, personal stability and thriving.
- Conduct client and program evaluation assessments.
- Record and maintain accurate and complete information in client management database.
- Provide consistent, thorough and clear communication with referral sources, such as the District Attorney’s Office, Domestic Violence Court Judges, probation agents, police, Child Protective Services, private attorneys, domestic violence service agencies, family members, program participants, and other team members.
- Practice compassionate accountability with clients and colleagues by building honest and authentic relationships within the workplace.
- Perform administrative responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to use Zoom and Microsoft Office programs – including Outlook.
- Experience managing meetings on Zoom space and assisting others in accessing remote technology.
- Experience using database management software a plus.
Education and Experience
These positions are open to people with degreed credentials, such as a BA or MA in liberal arts (e.g., sociology or anthropology), a human services field (e.g., social work or psychology), public health or education, as well as people with lived personal experience, such as prior incarceration or criminal justice system involvement and a demonstrable truth of personal transformation.
To apply, submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
(1) Your resume
(2) A written, or video or audio recording of your response to both of the following prompts:
- Please describe why you are interested in this Healing Focused Care Facilitator position and how you see your skills, learning, and experience lining up with the job overview, responsibilities, and core functions of the position.
- Describe what it means to “do your own work” and why this is important to you.
The Alma Center is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer