About the job:
The Development and Events Coordinator is responsible for the following duties:
- Consistently and promptly conduct donor communications and cultivation including introductory, thank-you, and follow-up phone calls, emails and letters.
- “Manage up” to the President and Vice President to ensure prompt follow-up at all giving levels.
- Moves management and data tracking within a donor database (CRM) portal. This will include but not be limited to tracking activities and contact with donors, list segmentation and management, and tracking donation data.
- Coordinate all aspects of fundraising details for large and small-scale events, ensuring they run smoothly, efficiently and generate maximum revenue and attendance.
- Coordinate and support the organization’s senior staff members to prepare them for events, donor visits, and for making asks through providing background materials and research.
- Work with vendors to coordinate in-house and external mailings, collateral printing and marketing materials.
- Track deadlines for grant proposals & reports. Spearhead timelines and communication between Institute staff and grantors.
- Assist with email campaigns and social media content as needed.
- Back up Executive Assistant with postal responsibilities, donation processing, managing mailing lists, reconciliations, and audit.
- Exceptional conversational ability, in person and over the phone.
- Superior organizational and task management skills, and user skills with office software including word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
- Experience organizing and managing events. Capacity to handle stressful situations with critical thinking and a calm demeanor.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Must be available to attend events and be present for on-site event coordination.
- Personal belief in free enterprise and limited government.
- Education and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in a business professional, hospitality, or volunteer role
- Some travel (mostly in-state) and some evening/weekend assignments for events as required.
Supervision and Benefits:
- Reports to the Vice President of Development
- FLSA status: Exempt
- This is a full-time position with benefits including health insurance, vacation, sick pay, and a SEP-IRA retirement plan. Salary range is $40,000-$45,000 depending on experience, with room for professional growth over time.
- Position located at the Institute’s headquarters in Milwaukee, WI (not remote)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested applicants should email their resume, along with a short summary of their interest in the position and alignment with the Institute’s mission, to: email@example.com. Please, no phone calls or recruiters.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.