Inspire all children to wonder and explore their world through play and innovative, hands-on learning experiences.
Become a valued member of Betty Brinn Children’s Museum’s (BBCM) team! We are looking for enthusiastic, driven, analytical team players with a passion for early childhood education to help us reach our goal of providing ALL children with high-quality, hands-on playful learning experiences. We believe teamwork stems from supportive and cooperative discussions. We invest in our team members’ professional growth and celebrate curious minds.
The Annual Fund Director is responsible for the leadership, management, and execution of BBCM’s annual fund program, donor communications, and special events. The Annual Fund Director is a strong writer who creates effective donor communication materials/collateral working closely with the Marketing Director to ensure branding alignment with marketing efforts. The Director plans, monitors and implements BBCM’s annual fund utilizing direct mail, e-blasts and multi-faceted social media channels to engage, inspire, and solicit individual and corporate donors. In addition, this position strategizes, plans and executes BBCM events including an annual event, donor engagement events, and exhibit and event sponsor-related solicitations and events.
The Annual Fund Director is key in identifying and cultivating donor, event, and sponsorship prospects, developing new and innovative strategies to acquire donors. The Annual Fund Director reports to the Vice President of Development and supervises the Membership Manager.
- Design, manage, implement, and evaluate the annual fund program by strategically integrating various fundraising channels: direct mail, member-to-donor strategies, email marketing, telephone and social media outreach/cultivation. Develop new strategies for growth.
- Write donor solicitations and communications collateral, including newsletters, website content, donor updates, e-updates, direct mail, event and exhibit sponsorship appeals and packages, invitations, program scripts, and acknowledgement letters. Work with Marketing for design support and to ensure consistent brand alignment.
- Manage a portfolio of event and exhibit sponsors and major donor prospects (under $1,000) including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Design, manage, implement, and evaluate the planning, logistics, and execution of BBCM’s events, including supervision of contractors.
- Closely partner with the Marketing and Communications Director to create and maintain an integrated and aligned communications calendar that incorporates all development communication, mailings, and activities with all marketing communications, ensuring public facing communications reflect a consistent voice, tone and message.
- Supervise Membership Manager.
- Use data analytics to identify segmentation strategies, major donor prospects, implement annual fund strategies, and recommend Annual Fund and Event fundraising goals.
- Lead and manage volunteers in their support of staff driven fundraising functions.
- 3- 5 years of successful Annual Fund management experience required
Skills and Abilities
- Experience growing a fundraising program innovating to engage and build an annual donor base and major gift pipeline.
- Proven emotional storytelling and persuasive writing skills in fund development
- Event planning and management experience required
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Proven track record of relationship building
- Ability to self-motivate, managing against multiple deadlines in a busy environment
- Proficient in Microsoft suite and demonstrated experience in CRM, Salesforce a plus.
Salary & Benefits:
To inquire about the salary please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
BBCM offers full-time employees a generous benefits package, including but not limited to the following: PTO, sick time, medical, vision, dental and life/accidental death Insurance, an HSA with employer contributions, 401k (with a Museum match), professional development opportunities and free downtown parking.
Betty Brinn Children’s Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com