The Blue Lotus Center assists people of any age with profound life challenges by offering accessible outdoor recreational and therapeutic opportunities in a caring, accepting, and inspiring 64-acre day-camp setting. We strive to inspire, stimulate and invigorate the human spirit through a connection with the natural environment.
Seasonal Group Specialist Job Description
This position works primarily with groups of adults, youth, families, and seniors with profound life challenges during their visit at the Blue Lotus Center. The Seasonal Group Specialist covers primarily weekend and evening shifts from April through October at an average of 20 hours/week. Schedule will vary week to week and will be coordinated with the Program Coordinator at least two to four weeks in advance. Compensation is $17/hour.
- Groups: Handle group usage of Retreat Center. Act as primary contact for groups during their visit, responsible for daily set up, welcoming the group, ascertaining the group needs, working with group, and cleaning up.
- Site: Serve as primary staff member responsible for the visit during weekend and evening shifts. Keep pavilion and recreational areas clean and ready for the next group.
- Volunteers: Lead volunteers in accomplishing tasks related to hosting a group or managing the site.
- Additional: Communicate with supervisor during each scheduled workday to recap the day’s events and discuss upcoming Center needs.
- Similar work experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service skills, and oral communication
- Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse population
- Experience working with volunteers, and the ability to engage volunteers
- Tact, diplomacy, initiative, and good judgment
- Familiarity and enjoyment of outdoor activities including canoeing, hiking and fishing.
- Certifications including CPR, First Aid, AED and Lifeguarding.
- Commitment to the Blue Lotus Center’s mission of serving all those with special needs.
- Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Michael Larson at email@example.com.