Serve as a financial advisor for an assigned number of operating units (club site locations, program activities and/or administrative departments) regarding general operations, grants, and restricted gifts for assigned operating units. Assist with monthly close and financial reporting processes, annual audits, and special projects.
- Prepare monthly claim reports for CLC and other grants.
- Monitor accounts receivable and maintain an up-to-date understanding of the balances
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports and analysis for assigned operating units, grants, restricted gifts, and other reports as requested
- Assist with financial planning and budgeting process for assigned operating units and grants
- Implement best practices and provide training to operating unit managers regarding financial reporting, adherence to internal controls (as defined by finance department operating policies and procedures) and grant compliance to Uniform Guidance
- Review transactions for each assigned operating unit to assure account code accuracy, sufficiency of documentation/support/receipts, and adherence to approvals for purchase orders/purchase requisitions, invoices, check requests, purchase card transactions, and payroll allocations
- Prepare expense variance analysis for financial report lines comparing a) budget to actual and b) year over year actuals and identify the reason for unexpected results
- Prepare monthly and annual account reconciliations for assigned accounts
- Monitor grants reporting and Uniform Guidance compliance for all grant reports prepared by other financial analysts to ensure accuracy in reporting and compliance with Uniform Guidance
- Prepare annual schedules of federal and state awards for the audit
- Assemble all required documentation needed for the annual audit such as the grant awards, audits by award agencies or fiscal agents
- Initiate communications and follow-up with appropriate staff to obtain grant budget adjustments or no-cost extensions when needed
- Prepare gifts and pledge receivable reconciliation
- Reconcile monthly reports prepared by development for unrestricted and restricted gifts
- Review restricted gift expenditure transactions and assist in preparing the monthly release of net assets for restricted gift activity
- Assist with the preparation of the annual audit workpapers and note disclosures for restricted net assets and related transactions
- Assist with payroll allocations and reporting
- Assist in the preparation of other various external reports, such as BGCA annual report, census reports, biannual personal property tax exemption filings, and other reports as requested
- Associates Degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university preferred
- 2 to 4 years of experience in accounting required in in lieu of educational requirements
- Strong computer skills using general ledger and Excel.
- Familiarity with Sage Intacct and related software applications is preferred but not required.
- Above average communication skills and a commitment to a team-oriented approach to providing superior levels of finance services to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee.
To visit our Career Center and to apply, please click HERE!