The Employment and Outreach Consultant is responsible for outreach and engagement with community partners and the scheduling, planning and execution of community outreach events. The Employment Outreach Consultant is also responsible for the facilitation of job training of program participants and development of supports that will aide in the success of employment and accessibility to community resources.
Hours of work
The Employment and Outreach Consultant will have varied hours depending on the scheduling of outreach events and service delivery. These hours may include evenings and weekends (scheduled in advance) as needed.
Broadscope Disability Services Employment Services Program provides job development, resume building, soft skills training and on site job coaching for individuals with developmental disabilities as well as an outreach program that connects individuals with the services that they need.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- To understand and utilize the philosophy of Employment Services with participants in the program on a daily basis.
- Outreach event planning – Ability to locate and secure appropriate venue for events. Responsible for all details of planning outreach events and securing attendance commitments and participation from community partners.
- Develop and coordinate relationships with educational and community support networks.
- Work with Employment Specialists in assessing the duration and types of training to be utilized on the job.
- Provide assistance to the program participant in transportation planning and training.
- Facilitate on the job training ensuring the employee receives existing training or other employee assistance offered by the employer or worksite.
- Facilitate and execute community outreach events to connect youth job seekers with community resources and support.
- Foster natural supports in the work site.
- Foster inclusivity in services and access to employment related opportunities.
- Provide assistance with the job site accommodations and adaptive technology as needed.
- Provide sensitivity training as needed to co-workers and supervisors.
- Provide job counseling to participants around issues that may be barriers to employment.
- Foster inclusion in the workplace and community with all participants and encourage involvement in community activities.
- Support participants in overcoming barriers to success.
Bachelor’s Degree relating to Human Service, Vocational Rehabilitation, or Sales and Marketing is preferred. A combination of relevant professional experience and education will be considered.
Please submit resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.