What You’ll Do:
As a City Year Milwaukee AmeriCorps member, you’ll serve full-time from January 2023 – early June 2023. Your service will focus on coaching and mentoring elementary, middle and/or high school students. You will help these students earn academic success, improve their attendance, learn social-emotional skills and develop positive behaviors at school.
Role and Responsibilities:
We provide 2 weeks of training in January to support you. Plus, you will work with partner teachers and City Year staff every step of the way.
- Support academic coaching and social emotional development for students:
- Work with identified students 1:1 and in small groups for assignment completion
- Develop social-emotional skills throughout a student’s day, using proven strategies of learning, practicing, reflection and repetition
- Collaborate with teachers and team members to collect data, record, analyze and monitor individual student progress
- Create an engaging, safe and healthy classroom space in collaboration with the teacher.
- Support Whole School initiatives to increase engagement with students and families:
- Support and/or conduct extended day programming for students before, during and after school including, but not limited to, academic enrichment and intervention, homework support, recreation and student clubs, service learning, and leadership development
- Engage students, parents/guardians, and/or community members in education or social issues through member led themed events at schools
What are the benefits?
- 900 hours of service are required for the Segal Education Award of $3,247.50 upon completion of service
- $1,122 bi-weekly stipend (pre-tax)
- Free Health Insurance
- Free MCTS Bus Pass
- Access to Dental and Vision Insurance and many other benefits!
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (Authorization to work in the U.S. is not sufficient. Those with DACA status unfortunately are not eligible at this time)
- Have a GED or high school diploma
- Agree to complete a background check
- Proof of Covid vaccination or provide acceptable exemption
How to Apply:
For more information on the position, fill out this form: pages.cityyear.org/Ysel-Nicholson.html.
To apply to this role visit our website.