Stakeholder Engagement Manager
Join a team of passionate advocates and experts who are committed to protecting Wisconsin’s vital natural resources and building a clean, sustainable, and equitable future for everyone in our state. Clean Wisconsin is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit seeking a motivated, organized self-starter to develop and implement stakeholder engagement strategies around new energy conservation building codes. Buildings account for 40% of all energy use in the United States and are an essential component of any comprehensive effort to reduce carbon emissions. You will be part of a collaborative effort across multiple organizations aimed at strengthening Wisconsin’s building code adoption process.
Clean Wisconsin is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our work and in our hiring practices. We value a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. If you have any doubt about whether you might be qualified for this position and you think you have something special to contribute, we encourage you to apply. Please also see our statement on diversity, equity and inclusion at: www.cleanwisconsin.org/about-us/diversity
- Reporting to Clean Wisconsin’s Communications Director, you will collaborate with internal and external colleagues to develop and execute a comprehensive outreach, education and stakeholder engagement plan that will energize key Wisconsin audiences around adopting the newest International Energy Conservation Code for buildings.
- Help identify key stakeholders, including builders, property owners, inspectors, municipal leaders, businesses and other relevant groups.
- Determine the most effective methods and platforms for engaging with each audience to ensure meaningful participation and feedback.
- Develop and implement stakeholder engagement strategies using methods such as focus groups, interviews, and surveys.
- Manage and grow relationships with partner organizations and advocates in the building space.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders to listen, learn and source diverse insights and ensure their voices are heard and valued.
- Prepare regular reports on stakeholder engagement activities and outcomes to assess the effectiveness of the strategy and inform decision-making.
- Develop clear and consistent messaging to effectively communicate with key audiences.
- Collaborate with communications teams at Clean Wisconsin and partner organizations to disseminate information through various channels, including websites, email lists, social media, newsletters, and press releases.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High level of organization, strong attention to detail, and the ability to synthesize information into compelling engagement products.
- Ability to translate complex technical information for non-technical audiences.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to develop and deliver messages to a variety of audiences.
- Motivated and organized self-starter who can work independently under deadline.
- Professional experience in the field of stakeholder engagement, project development, community outreach, capacity building, or strategic communication planning.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities to navigate complex stakeholder dynamics effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners to achieve shared objectives.
- High level of emotional intelligence and empathy to understand perspectives and concerns.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in the building/energy efficiency space.
- Commitment to help create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
- Experience in qualitative research, sorting and coding of interviewee responses is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Discretion and sound judgment.
- Commitment to accuracy
- Work well under deadlines.
- Flexibility and creativity.
- Sense of humor.
- An undergraduate degree in social sciences, communication, political science, public relations, or related field or equivalent professional work experience.
- One (1) year professional experience strongly preferred.
Salary range for the position is $58,000 – $67,000 commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits package includes health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan with a 6% employer match, life and disability insurance, commuter benefits, and paid time off.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with interviews beginning on December 1, 2023 until the position is filled. Be sure to include the subject line “Stakeholder Engagement Manager.”