Overall Responsibilities: Serve as a team player in the Dismas Ministry business operations to help support the mission. The Program Assistant will implement the administrative and programmatic aspects of our publications and mailing ministry. Working under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Assistant will manage all incoming requests for materials, maintain data records for all individuals in our network(s), and oversee the packaging and mailing of these parcels on a weekly basis.
The ideal candidate will be personable and responsible with the ability to grasp the ministry’s mission within the overall mission of the Catholic Church. This individual will help build relationships, foster a sense of team, and promote the mission and values of Dismas Ministry.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Process and open daily mail received from our constituents across the United States; Record the individual requests in a database, and corresponding hard copy filing system
- Regularly add new or update existing records in all databases
- Prepare packages of materials requested by prisoners, and the chaplains and volunteers who minister to them; Oversee volunteers in this area
- Maintain and update the inventory management system
- Oversee the exchange of information between prisoners and Dismas Ministry pertaining to the four correspondence courses offered; The Catholic correspondence courses include a focus on the Bible, faith, prayer, and social teaching
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director on developing a “green” system of filing and record keeping
- Perform light office duties, which may include answering the phone, organizing supplies, preparing mailings, and filing
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as requested
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Highly detail-oriented and organized; can work independently
- Experience with database management and excellent computer skills
- Interest in implementing best practices in the areas of project and data management
- Proven project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to adjust to fast-changing priorities in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Demonstrated commitment to service and social justice
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Juliann Joerres at email@example.com