Job Start-End Date:
August 7, 2023
Application Closing Date:
This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
DSHA practices equal employment opportunity.
Teach full-time in our Visual Arts program within our Fine Arts Department. Check out more information about our Visual Arts course offerings, view our department philosophy, and get a feel for our course scope and sequence. A strong candidate for this position would have experience teaching high school visual arts classes, especially foundational/beginning art, drawing, painting, ceramics and self-expression. The aim of the Fine Arts Department is to be collaborative and share resources, and we work to align grading practices to ensure department members evaluate student work within a similar framework, with student learning outcomes at the center. We seek to encourage and support creativity and confidence in each student, no matter their art background or skill level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach 5 sections of visual arts courses (a full-time position).
- Collaborate with Fine Arts Department members to build camaraderie and share resources and ideas.
- With equity in mind, plan lessons, create assignments and assessments, and develop other classroom opportunities to provide an engaging learning experience for all students.
- Commit to helping all students, regardless of their background, prior preparation, or skill level, grow in visual arts understanding and skill application, and grow in the Qualities of the Graduate. Commit to creating classroom experiences that support our diverse student body and celebrate that diversity.
- Demonstrate a dedication to learning about our Catholic mission, and then put into practice our Catholic mission and our Quality values, supporting students and colleagues in this endeavor.
- Commit to continuous improvement through a focus on lifelong learning and professional collaboration across the institution.
Education and/or Experience:
Position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s in Art Education, Fine Arts, or an appropriate subject area, a WI DPI license or the ability to attain one within three years of hire, and high school teaching experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Highly effective communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a strong desire to assist all students to be successful are also required.
This position requires constant contact and communication with others, multitasking, repetitive motion, some bending and requires the daily use of computers, various monitors and other office equipment.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals must complete the online application at www.dsha.info/careers and include resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
Visit www.dsha.info to learn more about Divine Savior Holy Angels High School. Only applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.