Maintains the school facilities in a safe and efficient manner. Ensures the building is maintained, including mechanical, electrical and plumbing work. Outdoor maintenance work may also be assigned as needed, based on staffing, workload and weather considerations. This position is a back-up/supplement for snow removal, and will be called upon for large snow storms and when staffing considerations require.
Approx. $18-$25/hour based on experience; competitive benefits package
Full-time, 40 hours per week. Typical schedule is Monday through Friday, 11am-7:30pm. Candidates must have ability to meet a flexible work schedule as needed, including occasional evenings and weekends, and be available on-call for emergencies by phone in rotation with other maintenance workers.
Application Closing Date:
This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
DSHA practices equal employment opportunity.
- Assists with maintenance of the boiler system and auxiliary systems at Divine Savior Holy Angels (DSHA) High School in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assists with maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems as necessary.
- Assists with general maintenance of the high school and Sisters of the Divine Savior buildings.
- As needed, assist with grounds work to include snow removal, general yard and gardening work and watering/marking the athletic fields.
- Provides a timely response to trouble calls and diagnoses and remedies maintenance problems as requested. Responds to emergency calls.
- Maintains mechanical maintenance requests and documents tasks as completed.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly fashion and conforms with all DSHA quality and safety regulations.
- Assists with set-up responsibilities for special events.
- Reports any unsafe operating conditions or practices to management.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Position requires a high school diploma or a GED and three to five years of experience in a maintenance role, preferably in a school environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Effective oral communication skills are essential. PC experience and the ability to use email is required. Carpentry knowledge is desired. Knowledge of OSHA regulations is required. Must be able to operate power tools and essential maintenance equipment. Incumbent must be able to prioritize tasks. Must be able to complete many tasks with differing deadlines. Incumbent will be on call for emergencies as necessary. Must be able to work independently. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information. Incumbent should be able to work effectively with diverse populations. Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and insurability based on driving record are required.
No protective clothing or accessories are required on a regular basis; however, occasionally, safety glasses and ear plugs are required. Uniforms are required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work takes place in primarily an office/school environment; however, there is occasional exposure to machinery or outside elements with moderate noise when completing exterior maintenance.
Ability to meet a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends and available on-call for emergencies by telephone and/or cell phone.
Interested individuals must complete the online application at www.dsha.info/careers and include resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
Visit www.dsha.info to learn more about Divine Savior Holy Angels High School.
Only applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.