Negotiable/based on experience; competitive benefits package
Job Start-End Date:
As soon as possible
Application Closing Date:
This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
DSHA practices equal employment opportunity.
The Marketing and Development Writer will provide content and writing support to the marketing, communications, and development efforts of DSHA. This is a full-time position.
- Capitalize on sharing and telling the stories of DSHA through writing pieces for DSHA’s major publications including The Word Magazine, the DSHA Annual Report, and DSHA.info.
- Create and execute digital content for all of DSHA’s social media platforms multiple times daily, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn, specifically focused on school happenings and student stories that capture the mission and vision of DSHA with the goal of engaging parents, students, alumnae, prospective families, donors, and friends of DSHA. Assist with creating and execute a plan to ensure that all areas and departments of the school are appropriately covered, working with staff school-wide to capture engaging content through photo, video, and written content. Ensure current social media execution trends are being utilized including stories, reels, etc., in addition to regular content posts. This includes both publishing and monitoring post engagement. Executes DSHA’s social media strategy and modifies the strategy based on trends and analytics.
- Write all Annual Fund appeal and acknowledgement letters, along with other development communications as needed, to support fundraising efforts at DSHA. Assist with recruitment letters as needed, including annual tuition letter, parent perspective acceptance letters, and others as needed.
- Alongside of the Director of Digital Marketing, coordinate, edit, and execute the bi-weekly Parent eNews, to optimize and improve this important digital publication.
- Work alongside of the VP of Marketing and Communications to fulfill earned media placements by writing press releases with the goal of expanding media coverage.
- Makes updates to DSHA.info as needed throughout the year, working alongside of the VP of Marketing & Communications and the Director of Digital Marketing as directed. Assists with training staff school-wide on updating DSHA.info.
- Manage the conception, creation, development and execution of the Annual Report publication.
- Write and submit 8-10 major proposals per year; including but not limited to determining the high-level strategic direction of the proposal, working through the details of the proposal (including budget) and managing any group action associated with the project.
- Serve as a department proof-reader on all public-facing materials.
- Assist in the planning and development of creative strategy to share stories through the various DSHA outlets and platforms with the goal of increasing recruitment and fundraising outreach.
- Incorporate and maintain DSHA’s mission and vision throughout all communications-based projects, maintaining DSHA’s brand standard and voice.
- Complete other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- The candidate must hold a 4-year college degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Non-Profit Management, or related field.
- 3-5 years of writing/communications experience is required.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in journalism or narrative writing, as well as marketing communications and/or development/grant writing, preferably in a non-profit setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for the education and development of confident and capable young women.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and visual skills to tell stories and shape messages in an innovating and engaging manner that will motivate prospective students and parents; donors and potential donor; and increase engagement with current audience.
- Must be open to coaching and feedback.
- Critical thinking and organizational skills are necessary.
- Must be able to learn new processes quickly.
- Must have the ability to work with frequent interruptions in a collaborative environment.
- Must be self-motivated and committed to meeting or exceeding deadlines in order to execute a strategic marketing and development plan.
- Ability to work under tight and competing deadlines.
- Must be fluent in MS Office programs.
- Must be open to working on either a MAC or PC operating system.
- Working knowledge of SEO and how it affects website writing.
- Working knowledge of social media and Google analytics tools.
- Experience working with Content Management Systems, OnMessage preferred.
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Frequently, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work takes place in primarily an office/school environment.
Interested individuals must complete the online application at www.dsha.info/careers and include resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
Visit www.dsha.info to learn more about Divine Savior Holy Angels High School.
Only applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.