CLIENT ASSOCIATION: All Clients
POSITION(S) REPORTS TO: VP of Finance
POSITION(S) THAT REPORT TO YOU: None
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
The Accountant performs multiple services and duties in support of all financial aspects of the non-profit associations managed by EDI. These services include preparing, reviewing and reporting financial statements to the clients in a timely manner. The Accountant also performs various duties and tasks to provide constructive information and support to other support services departments of EDI.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
- Enter monthly financial information for assigned client accounts in accounting software.
- Reconcile monthly bank and investment statements for assigned client accounts.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reports for assigned client accounts.
- Organize, prepare and assist with client annual audits and form 990 tax returns with external auditors, in addition to assisting with preparation of annual 1099 forms for assigned clients.
- Oversight of credit card payment processing for assigned clients.
- Review client invoices for accuracy in addition to entering invoices into the system and assist with payment approval process.
- Liaison to Client Executives and client Board of Directors in all financial matters related to assigned clients.
- Reconcile accounting ledgers to iMIS database reports.
- Other accounting duties and special projects as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
- Minimal (generally up to two weeks per year).
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or a combination of Associates Degree, skills and experience.
- Experience in non-profit accounting is a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel and Access along with experience in accounting software packages required.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimal lifting required.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and a minimum of two days onsite in the office are a requirement of the role.
*Please apply to the role that best aligns to your experience and qualifications. We’ll discuss your interests and possible opportunities during an initial phone interview. (No need to apply to multiple opportunities.)
Please apply here on our career page.