CLIENT ASSOCIATION: American Academy of Emergency Medicine, AAEM
POSITION(S) REPORTS TO: Executive Director, AAEM
POSITION(S) THAT REPORT TO YOU: N/A
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt (minimum 37.5 hour/week)
Provide executive-level administrative support to AAEM Executive Director and Board of Directors with little or no direction. Position maintains high level of responsibility, exercising discretion and sound independent judgment in performing assigned tasks.
- Schedule and coordinate AAEM, AAEM/RSA, and AAEM-PG Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings, including agenda preparation and meeting/event logistics.
- Work closely with Executive Director to facilitate leadership directed tasks.
- Oversight of AAEM committee application and tracking process; working with AAEM Executive Director and Presidential Line to complete assignments.
- Manage annual elections for AAEM and AAEM/RSA.
- Maintain and update AAEM, AAEM/RSA, and AAEM-PG bylaws and policies & procedures in conjunction with the Board of Directors and committee chairs.
- Manage exhibits for AAEM/RSA and staff exhibit booth when appropriate.
- Manage AAEM/RSA’s electronic and print newsletters and publications.
- Serve as Staff Liaison for AAEM/RSA medical Student council and AAEM/RSA Committees, including scheduling meetings, preparing meeting minutes, assisting with correspondence and projects, and other tasks as needed.
- Oversee publications inventory and sales of print and electronic copies of the AAEM/RSA publications.
- Serve as staff liaison to the AAEM/RSA committees.
- Schedule and Manage Residency Visits.
- Maintain and process invoices, credit card statements, and insurance for AAEM and AAEM/RSA.
- Work with internal departments (IS, TS, CS, Mail, Accounting, etc.) as needed for AAEM, AAEM/RSA and AAEM-PG projects.
- Draft letters, correspondence, and other materials for approval by the executive director with little direction.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Carry out other related responsibilities as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
1-2 weeks per year. Some evening and weekend work required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Proficient in Windows, MS Word and MS Excel. Experience with MS PowerPoint, and iMIS and/or MS Access a plus. Oral, written, organizational and proofreading skills essential.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (example – lifting, packaging, etc.)
Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and a minimum of two days onsite in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
*Please apply to the role that best aligns to your experience and qualifications. We’ll discuss your interests and possible opportunities during an initial phone interview. (No need to apply to multiple opportunities.)