CLIENT ASSOCIATION: International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Education, MDS
POSITION(S) REPORTING TO ADMINISTRATIVE PROGRAM COORDINATOR: None
POSITION STATUS: Non-Exempt (37.5 hours/week)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS) is a non-profit medical professional society of influential clinicians, scientists, and other healthcare professionals from around the world dedicated to improving the care of patients with movement disorders through education and research.
The Administrative Program Coordinator provides educational program and administrative support to the MDS leadership, the Director of Education and the Assistant Director of Education in the coordination of the MDS education programs and related leadership activities. This position is responsible for the coordination of assigned programs and other initiatives, in keeping with the strategic plan and objectives set forth by MDS.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
- Provide coordination for general educational programs and related activities, designated committees, and/or task forces and other initiatives, as assigned;
- Support MDS Education grant/support programs such as Outreach Programs, Visiting Trainee Grants, Center to Center Program, and others by managing applications, sending invitation letters and pre/post event communications, arranging travel, processing and tracking payments, and collating evaluations and post reports.
- Support the Assistant Director of Education with accreditation compliance related activities, such as but not limited to sending and collating course evaluations and presentation reviews
- Work with the Director of Education and Assistant Director of Education on Congress responsibilities assigned to Education team including faculty coordination of teaching course syllabi
- Handle general MDS administrative procedures such as check requests, invoices, wire transfers, registration processes, end of year statistics and other educational administrative functions
- Provides back up as necessary to the Administrative Coordinator – Education including by not limited to monitoring and responding to inquires in the MDS Education email account, coordinating event and faculty logistics, and participant management
- Develop proficiency of Zoom web conferencing services in order to orientate virtual outreach hosts and facilitate connectivity for meeting participants in regional online courses
- Develop proficiency in the administrative management of the Learning Management System (LMS) to provide support to users of the MDS LMS.
- Be able to work independently with high attention to detail.
- Work with internal departments (IS, TS, CS, Mail, Accounting, etc.) and cross functional MDS teams as needed for MDS projects or as requested by the Assistant Director of Education and / or Director of Education.
- Interface in a professional manner with physicians, vendors, outside staff and others as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Approximately 5 days per year; some early morning/evening and weekend work required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Project management, meeting planning and communications experience required. Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail required. Word processing and proficiency in MS Office Suite essential. Familiarity with web conferencing preferred.
Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. may be required.
*Hybrid role: This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
**EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.