Africa Regional Program Manager
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society, MDS
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Education
POSITION(S) REPORTING TO PROGRAM MANAGER: None
The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS) is a non-profit medical professional society of influential clinicians, scientists, and other healthcare professionals from around the world dedicated to improving the care of patients with movement disorders through education and research.
The MDS-Africa (AS) Regional Program Manager provides high-level management and administrative support to the MDS and AS leadership, as well as the Director of Education in the coordinating MDS education programs and related leadership activities. This position is responsible for management and coordination of the MDS-AS regional section, programs, activities and other initiatives, in keeping with the strategic plan and objectives set forth by MDS.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
- Manage identified program areas, including the MDS education programs, MDS-AS Regional programs and related activities, designated committees, SIGs, and/or task forces and other workshops, programs and initiatives, as assigned; provide leadership to the appropriate committees from program concept to completion.
- Liaise with MDS-AFRICA Steering Committee, Regional Executive Committee and Education Committees to realize strategic goals and integrate them into the overall MDS mission.
- Develop comprehensive budgets for MDS-AS region and assigned projects, identify possible program venues, negotiate contracts with vendors, provide direction for venues, coordinate logistics, invite faculty, organize speaker travel, ship program materials, tabulate program evaluations and complete executive summaries.
- Utilize the Learning Management System (LMS) to manage all aspects of course administration including participant enrollment, invoicing, payment processing, posting of educational materials and evaluations in accordance with MDS education procedures
- Provide team support as needed for course development and onsite travel outside one’s assigned region.
- Develop course syllabi and other program related materials.
- Manage registration processes for assigned programs.
- Work with Director of Education to ensure program compliance with accreditation guidelines; follow all procedures for ACCME and/or EACCME related course work including the completion of the final file.
- Support the Director of Education and assigned committees, task forces, sections or other workgroups, as needed to achieve objectives, including, but not limited to, development of reports, agendas, minutes, timelines, action plans, correspondence, and other presentation materials; as well as keeping the MDS action item reports and course approval grid up to date at all times.
- Provide full secretarial support to the educational Course Director/s.
- Research and gather information and work with a variety of individuals to develop initiatives and projects.
- Handle MDS administrative procedures such as cash sheets, check requests, invoices, booking staff travel, drafting and distributing staff memos, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Approximately 5-7 weeks per year including some international travel; some early morning/evening and weekend work required.
Bachelor’s degree, previous association management experience and familiarity with nonprofit boards of directors preferred. Project management, meeting planning and communications experience desired. Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills required. Word processing and proficiency in MS Office Suite essential
Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. may be required.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.