Communication & Membership Manager
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Cervical Spine Research Society, CSRS
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt (37.5 hours/week)
Cervical Spine Research Society: The Cervical Spine Research Society is a multidisciplinary organization of individuals interested in clinical and research problems of the cervical spine. Its purpose is to provide a forum for the exchange and development of ideas and philosophy regarding the diagnosis and treatment of cervical spine injury and disease.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Mange CSRS communications including:
- CSRS website, including organizing content and updating the site as necessary. Monitor monthly website statistics.
- Maintain the “video archive” (surgeon educational materials) in a searchable database on the CSRS website. Monitor and update as new materials become available.
- Create a social media presence using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Including creating all posts, graphics, and scheduling using Hoot suite. Pulls analytics monthly. Work with communications committee to create content for posts.
- Develop marketing strategies to promote CSRS educational content to target audience.
- Create cohesive timelines for promotion on the annual meeting and other educational events.
- Write articles for monthly membership e-newsletter and the society newsletter 12-x year. Pulls analytics for all email messages.
- Serve as a liaison to CSRS committees and task forces to implement tasks and actions in a timely manner.
- Work as part of the CSRS team in the overall management of the association.
- Other duties as assigned.
2. Manage membership processes and member benefits, including:
- Process new membership applications through online portal
- Direct liaison with the CSRS membership committee
- Direct the creation and distribution of new member packets and member benefit promotions and materials
- Review current member records to ensure that member requirements are fulfilled each year
- Management of annual dues renewal processing and annual invoicing
- Manage membership events at the CSRS annual meeting including the new member breakfast and membership business meeting
3. Manage CSRS administrative processes including:
- Database management of records (currently using iMIS)
- Manage committee appointment process including sending initiations, and tracking responses
- Oversee the committee appointment process for standing, continuing and ad-hoc committees, ensuring policies and procedures are accurate; maintain all committee rosters, terms and notification letters;
- Assist with incoming and outgoing e-mails, phone calls, correspondence, and other day-today organizational functions including oversee processing of vendor invoices.
4. Other duties as assigned.
BUSINESS NEEDS & TRAVEL REQUIRED: Some early morning, evening and weekend work may be required to meet client needs. Travel will be approximately two weeks per year.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Must meet deadlines and have an acute attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Previous association management experience and familiarity with nonprofit leadership a plus. Computer proficiency, outstanding organizational and communication skills required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (lifting, packaging, etc.) Minimal lifting required. Ability to move quickly within meeting facilities.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.