CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
DIRECT REPORTS: None
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) is a non-profit medical professional society of influential scientists, academicians, researchers, clinicians, government representatives, and industry leaders from around the world dedicated to improving cancer patient outcomes by advancing the science and application of cancer immunotherapy. This position is responsible for managing the development and fundraising efforts of the organization in support of the Society and its initiatives. Primary responsibilities will include managing the following activities: 1) Relationship Management of Sponsors and Advertisers; 2) Donor Stewardship and Reporting; 3) Oversight of Fundraising Events and Award Programs and 4) General support of the development and fundraising efforts of the organization.
- With the oversight of the Director of Development, assist with writing funding requests, developing budgets, and preparing reconciliations for funders to ensure compliance with support agreements
- Assist in the activities of the Society’s Forward Fund, to include working with the steering committee and with the oversight of the Director of Development and Senior Development Managers, create cultivation plans, craft proposals and letters of requests, draft acknowledgements of support, develop donor tracking and stewardship activities
- Assist the Development Team in carrying out fundraising campaigns and cultivation events, focusing on improving existing efforts and creating new opportunities for engagement. This includes, but is not limited to, working with support teams on logistical needs as well as appropriate marketing strategies and materials; assistance in securing event sponsors; and onsite attendee experience
- Organize efforts for the Society’s Named Fund initiatives, including fundraising, donor acknowledgement, events and award management
- Assist in the maintenance of all needed files and systems to track fund raising efforts and donor relations including a sponsor database and donor database as it relates to areas of responsibility
- Work with Director of Development, society team leaders and designated volunteers to develop and manage short-term and long-term special projects as they arise
- Develop and monitor budget as well as provide appropriate tracking and trending reports in areas of responsibility
- Provide support for the volunteer solicitors and executive staff for development efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualifications – Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills. Computer proficiency and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and timeline. An acute attention to detail and a high accuracy on outputs. Able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience – Previous association management experience and familiarity with nonprofit boards of directors a plus
- Travel of up to 2 weeks per year
- Some evening and weekend work as needed
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and a minimum of two days onsite in the office are a requirement of the role.
*Please apply to the role that best aligns to your experience and qualifications. We’ll discuss your interests and possible opportunities during an initial phone interview. (No need to apply to multiple opportunities.)
Please apply here on our career page.