Director of Technology Services
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Executive Director, inc. (EDI)
REPORTS TO: VP of Corporate and Human Resources
DIRECT REPORTS: Help Desk Analyst (2), Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, Security Systems Administrator
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
GENERAL SUMMARY: Our association management company is seeking a Director of Technology Services who will oversee the organization’s information technology activities within a hybrid work environment. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the helpdesk, supervising a team of 5 IT staff, mentoring IT staff, providing excellent customer service, and overseeing project planning and product research. Additionally, the Director of Technology Services will be responsible for making technology recommendations to improve the company’s overall IT infrastructure.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
- Oversee the helpdesk, ensuring that customer requests and issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Supervise a team of 5 IT staff, providing guidance, mentorship, and support. Management responsibilities also include hiring and training, planning, assigning and directing work, evaluating staff performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provide excellent customer service, ensuring that all IT interactions are professional and efficient.
- Oversee project planning and product research, ensuring that new technology initiatives are aligned with the company’s overall goals.
- Develop and implement disaster recovery and business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to operations in the event of an emergency or data loss.
- Make technology recommendations, ensuring that the company’s IT infrastructure is up-to-date and aligned with industry best practices.
- Work with EDI leadership on selection and oversee the implementation of selected software and hardware to meet the needs of our organization.
- Develop and maintain IT policies and procedures, ensuring that all employees are aware of and comply with IT security requirements. Provide education to staff end users as needed.
- Manage vendor relationships, ensuring that third-party IT services are aligned with the company’s overall goals.
- Develop and manage the IT budget, ensuring that all IT activities are cost-effective and align with the company’s overall financial goals. Approve the purchase of systems and related equipment and ensure proper licensing is maintained.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging technologies, ensuring that the company’s IT infrastructure remains competitive and efficient.
- Manage and provide 24/7 tier 2 emergency support and off-hours maintenance, and as needed be a part of a rotating on-call schedule and when deemed necessary for additional projects or back-up coverage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Cloud Services: Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, Azure File Shares, Azure databases, Azure AD, Amazon AWS
- Backups: Veritas Backup Exec, Veeam backup
- Help Desk: RT Request Tracker
- Hardware: Laptops, Desktop computers, Cisco switches and routers, Fortinet switches and firewalls, Cisco phones, Apple iPads
- Virtualization: VMware ESXi, Microsoft RDS
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Ubuntu Linux
- Communication and Collaboration: Cisco Webex Calling, Informacast Fusion, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office, Office 365, Imagicle Attendant Console, Zoom, MediaWiki
- Database Management: Microsoft SQL Server
- Security: Microsoft VPN, Microsoft Defender, Wavecrest Cyblock
- Network Technologies: WiFi, Ethernet, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Applications: Mozilla Firefox, Adobe Reader, Adobe Creative Suite
- System Management: Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft InTune, Powershell
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in IT management, with a proven track record of success.
- Experience managing a helpdesk, providing excellent customer service, and mentoring IT staff.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to plan, organize, and oversee complex IT initiatives.
- In-depth knowledge of the key technologies listed above.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot complex IT issues and develop effective solutions.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate IT staff to achieve their goals.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Minimal
Medium lifting. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Balancing, reaching, crouching, and kneeling required at times when installing/removing equipment.
*This position is in downtown Milwaukee, WI and some dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.