Live Education Manager
CLIENT ASSOCIATIONS: Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA)
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
STATUS: Exempt (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager and serving as an integral member of the Education Department, the Live Education Manager will assist the Association through project management of live events with an emphasis on the Annual Meeting and other workshops. Primary responsibilities include program planning support and implementation, securing approved faculty and maintaining the faculty relationships, managing program outlines and schedules, managing the annual abstract submission process, and ensuring appropriate evaluation data collection.
- In partnership with the Senior Program Manager, develop appropriate educational program proposals for Annual Meeting and other educational programs in area of responsibility
- Under the guidance of the Senior Program Manager, maintain and abide by overall policies, procedures, and timelines for live educational programs in areas of responsibility
- Coordinate, implement and document all team conference calls related to live programs
- Serve as the primary source for education inquiries by fielding general education calls
- Serve as a resource for live program organizers, co-chairs and faculty
- Assist with live-education-related committees by serving as a secondary committee liaison and managing meeting dates, agendas, minutes, action items, and other related tasks.
- Monitor and update contact information for education volunteers and committees including email distribution lists, membership database activities and committee/task force rosters
- Manage faculty correspondence, tracking and compliance, and collection of documentation for conflict of interest identification and resolution, and reimbursements
- Manage and update educational program information as needed including on the website, speaker management system, and internal documents
- Work with the Senior Program Manager and Marketing team on the development and distribution of educational meeting materials, such as final program, syllabi, etc.
- Ensure all HOPA programming maintains compliance with any relevant accreditation guidelines, as well as those of other international CE providers, through the application of appropriate design, methodology and assessment models (ACPE, ACCME, PhRMA, etc).
- Manage the abstract and speaker management systems
- Manage program evaluation data collection process
- Provide onsite assistance at live education programs, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualifications –
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Word processing and spreadsheet skills in MS Office environment essential.
- Professional demeanor and attention to detail necessary
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience – 2-5 years of professional experience required.
- Previous association management and/or meeting management experience a plus
- Familiarity with nonprofit boards of directors a plus.
- Familiarity with using databases for tracking and reporting, web-meeting services and learning management systems technologies a plus
- Travel of up to 3 weeks per year
- Some evening and weekend work as needed
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds