CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Clinical Immunology Society, CIS
POSITION REPORTS TO: Senior Meetings Manager
POSITIONS THAT REPORT TO YOU: N/A
EXEMPT/NON‑EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Non-Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position reports to the Senior Meetings Manager of CIS to assist with aspects of logistical, educational programming, abstract/application and speaker management, and logistics for the Clinical Immunology Society (CIS) meetings. Additionally, this person will support other areas of CIS client activities, specifically committee and administrative projects as assigned.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITES: (20 hours/week):
- Support the Senior Meetings Manager to develop online registration system
- Provide service to attendees with Annual Meeting registration and housing questions via telephone and email;
- Assist Senior Meeting Manager with exhibitor and sponsor management, including email correspondence, processing payments, and invoicing;
- Communicate with moderators, sponsors, exhibitors, partnering organizations, and speakers as requested;
- Assist with abstract/application review process and speaker management, including tracking speaker confirmations, assisting with set-up of speaker site and answering questions from speakers regarding the meeting;
- Work with Communications Manager and Senior Meetings Manager in drafting communication strategy for all educational programs;
- Help develop meetings materials in conjunction with Senior Meetings Manager;
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 1-2 week per year.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree preferred; outstanding customer service, problem-solving, interpersonal, organizational, writing, and communication skills, high accuracy and attention-to-detail required; team player; ability to prioritize varied assignments and handle multiple projects; Computer proficiency including Word and Excel;
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Unrestricted mobility: must be able to walk great distances in large meeting spaces, move quickly from place to place, and lift and move boxes up to 50 lbs.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS (clients and vendors): Internal – liaison with all ISSVA staff and EDI support staff. External – ISSVA leadership, members, supporters, decorators, exhibitors, hotel staff, etc.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and a minimum of two days onsite in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.