Meetings & Program Manager, ISSVA
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
POSITIONS THAT REPORT TO YOU: NA
EXEMPT/NON‑EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
The Meetings Manager will oversee logistics, scientific programming, abstract planning and on-site logistics for the ISSVA Congress (even years) and Debates & Updates meeting (odd years). These meetings may be run in a hybrid in-person / virtual, fully in-person, or fully virtual format.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
- Oversee the maintenance and development of ISSVA scientific meetings, ensuring that these remain true to the mission of the organization and past ISSVA meetings.
- Develop and manage, along with the Executive Director, the meeting budget, contracts with hotels and vendors, and ensure adherence to the meeting budget.
- Oversee all logistical aspects of the meeting, including, but not limited to, preparing Request for Proposals (RFP) and managing this process, working with the meeting venue and outside vendors to ensure successful completion of the meeting, and on-site coordination of the meeting.
- Manage the online and on-site registration process.
- Organize the exhibit space and work with exhibitors prior to the meeting and on site.
- Work with the Scientific Committee to coordinate all communications with speakers / presenters, including oversight of speaker materials (slides, disclosures, copyright permissions, etc.)
- Apply for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits and ensure adherence to these requirements.
- Oversee the abstract management process from abstract submission to on-site management.
- Assist the Executive Director with meeting promotions, including, social media and website maintenance.
- Conduct research and due diligence for future meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 2-3 weeks per year; some weekend, early morning and late evening work required. International travel required.
EQUIPMENT USED: iMIS membership database, Excel and Word, all other office equipment (fax, copiers, etc.).
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 4‑5 years of meetings management experience preferred; computer proficiency, outstanding organizational and communications skills; some programming, marketing and/or public relations experience preferred; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Unrestricted mobility: must be able to walk great distances in large meeting spaces, move quickly from place to place, and lift and move boxes up to 50 lbs.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS (clients and vendors): Internal – liaison with all ISSVA staff and EDI support staff. External – ISSVA leadership, members, supporters, decorators, exhibitors, hotel staff, etc.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.