Membership and Communications Manager
- American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS)
- American Society for Mohs Histotechnology (ASMH)
REPORTS TO: Senior Communications & Membership Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
The American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS) is a membership organization comprised of rigorously trained skin cancer and reconstructive surgeons specializing in Mohs surgery, the most effective treatment for skin cancer today. The ACMS serves as the voice of the specialty, promoting and advancing the highest standards of patient care through fellowship training, research, education and public advocacy. This position is responsible for the management and execution of ACMS/ASMH communications/public relations/marketing activities, as well as ACMS membership administration activities as related to the organizations and their strategic plans.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (Minimum 37.5 hrs/wk)
- Manage the membership application and review process for ACMS/ASMH. This includes determining membership eligibility, coordinating all materials for review by the Membership Committee, committee minutes and reports to the Board of Directors and mailing of new member packets
- Guide Administrative Coordinator in membership dues invoicing and payments
- Maintain iMIS membership databases with accurate membership records and committee rosters
- Propose and manage activities related to membership recruitment, retention, and benefits
- Lead development of the annual ACMS membership directory
- Serve as staff liaison to the ACMS Nominating Committee, which involves management of the nomination process for the ACMS Board of Directors
- Maintain the Surgeon Finder function of the ACMS website
- Manage updates to ACMS bylaws and implement necessary changes
- Manage full spectrum of ACMS/ASMH digital communication including planning and implementing aspects of the strategic plan as they relate to websites and social media
- Execute day-to-day content updates for www.mohscollege.org and manage/report search engine optimization (SEO) and analytics for all sites; work with internal staff and/or outside vendors on content/keyword/usability strategy
- Develop and implement promotional strategies/campaigns that generate traffic to ACMS websites, including use of SEO and digital advertising campaigns
- Manage ACMS/ASMH broadcast e-mails, advertising and promotional communication schedules
- Other duties as assigned
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Possibly 1-2 weeks per year; some evening and weekend work may be required.
Occasional lifting of 50 pounds.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.