CLIENT ASSOCIATIONS: Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Membership and Communications
DIRECT REPORTS: None
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt (Minimum 37.5 hours/week)
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) is a non-profit medical professional society of influential scientists, academicians, researchers, clinicians, government representatives, and industry leaders from around the world dedicated to improving cancer patient outcomes by advancing the science and application of cancer immunotherapy. Reporting to the Associate Director of Membership and Communications, the Membership Manager supports the mission of the society by managing the activities aimed at continuously improving the member experience and attracting new members. Activities include member communications and outreach, committee management, volunteer engagement and exhibiting efforts.
- Under the guidance of the Associate Director of Communications and Membership, as well as appropriate volunteer leaders:
- Recommend overall policies, procedures and activities to continuously improve the member experience
- Develop communications and activities to foster continued growth of the society’s membership base
- Manage membership processes and procedures including:
- Onboarding new members
- Managing the leadership election process ensuring bylaw and policy adherence including accuracy of eligible candidates, adherence to timelines and meeting quorum
- Connect-A-Colleague member referral recruitment campaign
- Mentorship program
- Supporting the database ensuring data integrity
- Oversee volunteer engagement practices including:
- Committee service, to support society growth and ensure compliance with policies, procedures and tracking
- the Champions Initiative by determining annual agenda and facilitating communication strategy
- Serving as a staff liaison to appropriate SITC committees, schedule teleconferences, oversee the development and distribution of committee materials and tracking of action items and researching solutions and deliverables for SITC committees
- Lead exhibiting efforts at scientific meetings and industry conferences efforts to raise the profile of the Society (serve as onsite staff, exhibit booth logistics, etc.)
- Ensure the Society website and collateral materials are up to date and accurate for all membership activities
- Manage membership and exhibiting budgets
- Other duties as assigned
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Qualifications – Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills. Computer proficiency and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and timeline. An acute attention to detail and a high accuracy on outputs. Able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Proficient in Windows, MS Word and MS Excel. Experience with MS PowerPoint, and iMIS and/or MS Access a plus.
- Experience – Previous association management experience and familiarity with nonprofit boards of directors a plus
- Travel of up to 4-6 weeks per year
- Some evening and weekend work as needed
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.