Membership & Online Education Manager
CLIENT ASSOCIATIONS: American Clinical Neurophysiology Society (ACNS) – 85%
American Clinical MEG Society (ACMEGS) – 15%
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
POSITIONS THAT REPORT TO YOU: N/A
EXEMPT/NON‑EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt (minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Membership & Online Education Manager is responsible for directing and managing all aspects of ACNS/ACMEGS membership and ACNS online education activities. This position will also manage meeting registration processes for ACNS and ACMEGS. The Membership & Online Education Manager will act as the liaison for various committees as assigned to provide assistance and support. The Membership & Online Education Manager will provide assistance to and works with other staff in all areas of client activities and will manage specific administrative projects as assigned.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
- Direct and manage membership processes, including:
- Prompt processing of membership applications and annual dues renewal processing and invoicing;
- Maintaining membership records, database and online membership directory on an ongoing basis;
- Creation of monthly membership reports for the related Membership Committees;
- Creation and deliver of reports to the Society’s journal to support fulfillment of member benefits.
- Liaise with the ACNS/ACMEGS Membership Committees to develop and execute creative effective strategies for membership recruitment and retention;
- Draft, revise and distribute member communications to support recruitment and retention goals;
- Serve as main point of contact for ACNS Connect, the official online discussion platform, including:
- Monitor boards for compliance with stated policies;
- Monitor boards for activity and liaise with appropriate ACNS committees to facilitate content support when necessary;
- Troubleshoot member technical questions.
- Assist in development of member satisfaction and exit surveys, as needed;
- Liaise with EDI Information Services Dept. for data entry and reports as needed; and
- Answer informational calls regarding ACNS/ACMEGS membership.
- Online Education
- Learn and strive to deeply understand ACNS’s educational technologies;
- Develop and own a process to ensure consistent look, feel and quality of online educational offerings;
- Collaborate with relevant ACNS committees and subject matter experts to create and deliver educational programs in enduring formats;
- Build online courses and other educational resources using course authoring software and other tools as appropriate, for hosting in the ACNS’s learning management system (LMS);
- Facilitate and moderate educational webinars;
- Plan, develop, design, implement and evaluate continuing medical education activities ensure compliance with all accreditation and maintenance of certification standards and guidelines;
- Work with the Executive Director and Communications Manager to develop and implement effective marketing strategies and determine appropriate promotional outlets to bolster project visibility both to the target audiences;
- Liaise with the ACNS Communications Manager to ensure that timely and accurate information is on the society website pertaining to existing and upcoming educational offerings; and
- Source needed external vendors, as needed, and work with internal support services to facilitate the project completion.
- Monitor the general ACNS and ACMEGS email accounts and night voicemail boxes;
- Assist with aspects of meeting registration including: set-up (through iMIS), form processing, payment collection and confirmation distribution, and management of onsite registration desk at in-person events;
- Perform duties as required to assist the Executive Director in implementing the Strategic Plan developed by the Council;
- Assist in editing efforts for ACNS/ACMEGS documents;
- Provide updated information for the ACNS and ACMEGS websites, as needed;
- Attend related Society events to assist onsite as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Up to 2 weeks per year; some weekend and evening work may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- 1-3 years’ experience in program management, marketing, or communications related positions. Previous association management experience and familiarity with nonprofit boards of directors a plus;
- Experience working with database and learning management systems preferred. Familiarity with curriculum development and adult learning principles a plus;
- High comfort level with using and learning new technology;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills, including demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and produce consistently high-quality work;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a small team environment;
- Ability to prioritize varied assignments and handle multiple projects; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Outlook.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (lifting, packaging, etc.) Minimal lifting required. Occasional lifting, up to 50 lbs. Ability to move quickly within meeting facilities.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.