Non-Profit Communications and Membership Manager
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Society of Behavioral Medicine (SBM)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director, SBM
POSITION THAT REPORTS TO YOU: None
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
The Society of Behavioral Medicine (SBM) is a long-time EDI client, and you have the opportunity to help improve health by working with our members and a mid-sized team of dedicated staff professionals. This position is responsible for implementing elements of SBM’s marketing and communications plans, including membership retention/recruitment and social media.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
- Assist with marketing and communication plans that help drive SBM achieve its mission and advance its strategic directions.
- Use of email software and other means to promote SBM membership, use of member resources, and other member engagement with the society.
- Tailoring of member communications based on interests and demographics.
- Staffing the New Member Meet & Greet at the society’s annual conference.
- Coordinate submission of Outlook member newsletter articles, manage timeline, edit, solicit editor input, and publish issues (4x per year, online only).
- Manage SBM’s social media accounts (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Develop and implement social media strategic plans.
- Post relevant content to SBM’s social media accounts as directed.
- Track social media and other miscellaneous usage/engagement data.
- Update SBM website as directed.
- Manage SBM’s Healthy Living website section (public-facing health tip articles), including soliciting articles, editing, collecting author copyright forms, web posting, and working with SBM’s vendor to manage related Google and Facebook ads.
- Manage SBM’s Sci Comm Toolkit website (communication tips for scientists), including working with volunteers to solicit and post new content.
- Manage writing, approvals, and posting for press releases.
- Serve as liaison to various SBM councils and committees including but not restricted to the Membership Council and the Public Education Committee.
- Complete projects using SBM’s brand guidelines and style guide to ensure consistency across all SBM communications and products.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF REQUIRED TRAVEL:
One to two weeks per year; very limited evening and weekend work may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in communications-related field preferred. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work independently and on a team. Ability to prioritize varied assignments and handle multiple tasks. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Zoom is required. Familiarity with website content management systems, social media platforms, and email marketing software is a plus.
Occasional lifting of 20-30 pounds of boxed publications or materials.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and a minimum of two days onsite in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
*Please apply to the role that best aligns to your experience and qualifications. We’ll discuss your interests and possible opportunities during an initial phone interview. (No need to apply to multiple opportunities.)