Senior Communications and Membership Manager
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Society of Behavioral Medicine (SBM)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director, SBM
POSITION THAT REPORTS TO YOU: Communications Coordinator, SBM (1.0 FTE; 1 person)
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
Responsible for the strategic direction, implementation, and oversight of the Society of Behavioral Medicine’s communications strategies, including event promotion and membership retention/recruitment.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
- Develop, direct, and implement marketing and communication plans that help SBM achieve its mission and advance its strategic directions. Plans to include:
- Social media strategy;
- Email campaign strategy, including full email calendar, scheduling, and formatting; and
- Tailoring of member communications based on interests and demographics.
- Oversee SBM branding, style, and design guidelines, to ensure consistency across all SBM communications and products, including emails, social media, website, member newsletter, and conference collateral.
- Manage production and posting of press releases, annual report, presentation scripts, and other publications as required.
- Update SBM website as needed and oversee changes other staff make to the website as directed. Includes management of the Healthy Living section.
- Serve as liaison to various SBM councils and committees including but not restricted to the Membership Council and the Advocacy Council.
- Serve as communications lead during SBM conference.
AMOUNT OF REQUIRED TRAVEL:
One to two weeks per year; limited evening and weekend work may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in communications-related field preferred; minimum of 3 years professional experience in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, or related field. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Occasional lifting of 20-30 pounds of boxed publications or materials.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and a minimum of two days onsite in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.