CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA)
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications
DIRECT REPORTS: None
STATUS: Exempt (Minimum 37.5 hours/week)
The Digital Marketing Manager serves as the staff editor of the Association website and has primary responsibilities for the overall look, feel, navigation and content to optimize the user experience and properly communicate the society messaging and brand. Responsible for managing the online community and all social media efforts to promote the association in the virtual world. Provides analytics for all media.
- Coordinate HOPA’s digital communications, including websites, emails, and social media
- Work within a team environment to develop digital content and implement online campaigns
- Utilize search engine optimization (SEO) and digital advertising campaigns to generate high levels of traffic to the HOPA website
- Develop and implement innovative social media strategies to promote initiatives and programs
- Manage the digital communication schedule including broadcast/targeted emails and social media posts
- Assist HOPA Content Strategist with managing website content assistance of association staff, volunteer content experts and appropriate staff
- Work in concert with technical teams and have a strong ability with web-based Content Management Systems (CMS) to create desired visual look and necessary navigation for best user experience for HOPA websites
- Manage online relationships; be familiar with social media users and influencers and engage with HOPA’s collaborators and partners
- Serve as a resource for staff needs pertaining to website training, more extensive website updates, development of new pages and email communications
- Stay updated on new online marketing technologies, best practices, and industry trends to identify innovative strategies and solutions that will drive growth in quality lead generation (i.e. new members, meeting attendees, and/or virtual community users)
- Create and analyze reports on digital campaign effectiveness in an effort to maximize results as well as monitor all press/blog/social media mentions including the use of Google Analytics or equivalent Web analytics software
- Serve as staff liaison to appropriate committees
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience – Proven ability to create website, social media, and/or email marketing content. Samples from school projects or internships acceptable. Solid grasp of web and email technology fundamentals is a must. Experience developing data-driven reports and synthesizing results to make strategic decisions a plus.
- Qualifications – Ability to work independently but also with teams both internally and with volunteer leaders. Must meet deadlines, have strong organizational skills and quantitative analysis abilities. Must be an avid user of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media channels. Ability to use creativity while maintaining excellent communication skills in all forms.
- Education – Associate’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or Journalism is required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Travel of up to 2 weeks per year
- Some evening and weekend work as needed
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.