Role Description Shelter Supervisor
The Shelter Supervisor will manage the Family Promise Community Shelter overnight and on weekends. Responsibilities will include providing care and support for the families, ensuring their safety and well-being; offering direction and supervision to volunteers, communicating with Case Managers and other staff.
Qualifications and Competencies
The Shelter Supervisor should be a person who is:
- compassionate and an active listener
- able to maintain clear and consistent boundaries
- protects confidentiality
- willing to hold firm (enforce) on expectations of families and volunteers
- able to problem solve
- reacts quickly
- possesses a client first mentality
Previous experience which would be helpful is experience working in social services, providing trauma informed care, customer service, volunteer management, staff supervision, managing and motivating others, teaching or training,
- Maintain a safe, supportive and trauma informed environment in the shelter.
- Monitor the shelter to ensure the safety of clients and volunteers.
- Assist clients with shelter routines
- Ensure clients follow shelter expectations and guidelines
- Keep the shelter orderly, clean and organized.
- Work to support client needs based upon the plans and goals established by the Family Promise case managers.
- Provide care and support to ensure families have their basic needs met while in the shelter.
- Staff and log-book upon starting your shift
- Work with volunteers to make sure meals are prepared and served on-time or if there are not volunteers work with families to prepare for breakfast and lunch.
- Offer volunteers a brief orientation/direction for their shift.
- Contact each family and monitor their physical and emotional well-being
- Monitor laundry schedule
- Check computers in and out as needed
- Encourage volunteers to engage with families in a respectful way and allows guests to decide their own level of interaction.
- Assist family with supplies they may need
- Complete the log-book with notes about any issues at the end of the shift.
This position will offer direction to volunteers from community organizations.
This opportunity will take place in a shelter for families experiencing homelessness. It involves regular interaction with volunteers and clients. Distractions and interruptions will be a regular occurrence.
The Shelter Supervisor is required to talk and hear. Frequent standing; walking; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Should be able to lift and move up to 25 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an overnight (10pm-8am) and weekend (day, evening and overnight shifts available) paid position. Consideration will be given to hiring both part-time and full-time staff. Part-time members would receive a minimum of sixteen and a maximum of 24 hours per week.
Please note that this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org