Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin is the leading local hunger-relief organization in the state with locations in Milwaukee and Appleton. Founded in 1982 by the Rotary Club of Milwaukee, Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin is a local and independent member of the Feeding America network. Driven by our mission to solve hunger and our vision of a hunger-free Wisconsin, we are bringing more people together around the table to collaboratively address the root causes of hunger. Together with our network partners, we serve nearly half a million food-insecure people across 35 counties in eastern Wisconsin each year.
Perform a variety of maintenance and cleaning tasks to keep the warehouse clean and orderly. Use forklift or pallet jack to move products in warehouse. Respond to basic repair requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather and empty trash in warehouse, volunteer activity space, welcome center, breakrooms, and bathrooms as needed.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming. Clean (sweep, mop, vacuum) white lines on floors daily.
- Clean, organize and pressure-wash waste disposal room as needed.
- Clean, dust, remove cobwebs from around building structures.
- Follow daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly cleaning schedule.
- Use appropriate riding equipment to clean warehouse and volunteer activity space floors.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms as needed.
- Mix cleaning solutions according to specifications.
- Store chemicals, equipment and supplies safely and in accordance with AIB standards.
- Collect and bale cardboard for recycling.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using powered hand trucks as needed.
- Clear debris from grounds.
- Complete light maintenance work.
- Remove snow from sidewalks and driveways, spread snow melting chemicals as needed.
- Use forklift or powered pallet jacks to move warehouse disposal to assist in keeping a clean warehouse environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to understand and support FAEW’s mission, vision, and effective actions to end food insecurity and its causes
- Respect for the people FAEW serves
- High school diploma or equivalent related experience.
- Less than one-year experience performing similar responsibilities
- Ability to follow established procedures to maintain facility according to standards
- Ability to use mechanized equipment to perform responsibilities
- Ability to follow direction with some supervision
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be open-minded of differing opinions and views.
- Previous forklift experience desired, must be able to be certified within two weeks of hire.
- Ability to work at a fast pace with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. is committed to fostering diversity in our workplace. FAEW does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, color, creed, religion, handicap, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical disability, mental disability, or veteran status. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.