Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin is the leading local hunger-relief organization in the state with locations in Milwaukee and Appleton. Founded in 1982 by the Rotary Club of Milwaukee, Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin is a local and independent member of the Feeding America network. Driven by our mission to solve hunger and our vision of a hunger-free Wisconsin, we are bringing more people together around the table to collaboratively address the root causes of hunger. Together with our network partners, we serve nearly half a million food-insecure people across 35 counties in eastern Wisconsin each year.
To maintain and record a complete and systematic set of business transactions. Oversee Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete regular accounts receivable and accounts payable duties, such as preparing financial reports, researching and reconciling discrepancies, and processing transactions.
- Track, process and document various financial transactions for multiple accounts on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Provide administrative and clerical support such as record keeping and budgeting to various departments on an as-needed basis.
- Work directly with management to facilitate and manage grant proposals, purchase orders, and legal and governmental paperwork, to include grant tracking and reporting both internal and external.
- Communicate directly with clients to provide accurate and discrete financial services such as maintaining expense records, preparing and filing tax forms, and performing annual audits.
- Maintain financial security by regulating all outgoing cash flow as needed, including petty cash funding and withdrawals, payment of supplier invoices and customer refunds.
- Participate in the company’s internal annual audit by collecting relevant data, recording it properly and creating required documents.
- Provide exceptional customer service to agencies regarding billing and grant inquiries.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Commitment to understand and support FAEW’s mission, vision, and effective actions to end food insecurity and its causes
- Respect for the people FAEW
- Associates degree preferred or 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Must possess high level of attention to detail, critical thinking ability, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with inventory database management systems, QuickBooks, and Concur Expense reporting is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with above average knowledge of Excel
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be open-minded of differing opinions and views.
Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounter while performing the essential functions of this position.
The ability to work from home is a flexible work arrangement that Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin (FAEW) offers to enable employees to achieve a more successful balance between work responsibilities and family life. FAEW may offer this option to employees when it benefits both the organization and the employee. However, our FAEW facilities serve as a critical hub for collaboration and, while we want to embrace flexibility, the need to be in the office or out in the field and working on projects or networking through natural camaraderie, will be expected. This position does have the capacity to work from home in our hybrid work from home model.
Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. is committed to fostering diversity in our workplace. FAEW does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, color, creed, religion, handicap, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical disability, mental disability, or veteran status. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.