Home Delivery Coordinator
FRIEDENS FOOD PANTRIES
Mission and Purpose
Friedens is a network of food centers building community through nourishment. We envision a more equitable work where people have enough resources to thrive
As the largest food center network in Milwaukee, Friedens is a stabilizing force in our neighborhoods. Through our programs we strive to leverage food to build relationships and address the holistic needs of community members. Since 1978, we have used a community-centered approach to address food access, food education, food sustainability, food advocacy and community connection. Friedens addresses the emergency food needs in Milwaukee neighborhoods with a high population of low-income households that commonly suffer from food insecurity. We partner closely with StreetLife Communities, which is an organization dedicated to providing outreach and support to individuals experiencing homelessness.
The ideal candidate is adept at building and maintaining trust-based relationships, engaging stakeholders and applying an equity lens towards transforming lives and communities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
Work Type: Full Time (100%), Hybrid Virtual/In-Person
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Incorporate community members who are often isolated and marginalized into our extended food pantry community through monthly home delivery of perishable and non-perishable food items.
- Work directly with clients on an ongoing basis to build relationships, make phone calls to screen and enroll new clients, provide program overview, and schedule deliveries.
- Work with Volunteer Manager to recruit and schedule volunteers to assist with packing and delivering. Plan efficient packing shifts to maximize volunteers time.
- Train volunteers on necessary tasks to complete monthly deliveries.
- Maintain relationships with partner organizations, including United Way, DoorDash, and Hunger Task Force, as well as social workers and human services employees.
- Plan and coordinate efficient delivery routes.
- Develop menus and recipes while monitoring inventory for Home Delivery.
- Assist the Operations Manager with the growth and expansion of the Home Delivery Program.
- Work with Operations Manager to track monthly expenses to ensure budgetary compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local laws/regulations regarding food safety and food distribution.
- Implement and ensure adherence to food pantry policies and procedures, including the clean, safe, and efficient operation of the food pantry network.
- Assist with other duties as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Affinity with the overall mission of Friedens Food Pantries
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and good driving record
- High School Diploma or GED
- Commitment to helping clients meet their nutritional needs
- Excellent communication skills- listening, speaking, and writing
- Ability to relate comfortably with people who work at our pantries and use our services
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office, email, and G-Suite
- Some experience with food preparation, food safety, and menu planning using the USDA/FDA Food Safety Standards and the MyPlate Food Guide preferred
- Willingness to learn, adapt, and grow
- Spanish-language proficiency preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Affinity with the overall mission of Friedens Food Pantries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Nonprofit Management, Communications, English, or related field.
- 2 years’ experience in Development, preferably in non-profit, community-based organization, or equivalent is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills- listening, speaking, and writing.
- Ability to relate comfortably with people who work at our pantries and use our services.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient with MS Office applications, experience with CRM preferred.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Excellent attention-to-detail.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to learn, adapt, grow, and work as a team.
- Work Location: open office workspace with active team atmosphere in addition to approved work-from-home arrangements
- Physical Requirements: lifting 50 pounds or less, moving boxes or packages of food, loading/unloading a van, pushing a dolly, climbing stairs
- Equipment Used: computer, printer/copier, tablets, electric pallet jack, transit van
Pay range – $17-18/hour
To apply for this position, please send your resume or CV with a cover letter to: jobs@FriedensPantry.org