Marketing Coordinator – part-time non-exempt hourly position- $22.00/hour
This position is responsible for working with the Executive and Creative Directors to develop the annual marketing strategy/plan for the organization that aligns with the mission, vision, and values as well as the goals set forth from the Board of Directors. The Marketing Coordinator will take direction from the Creative Director to develop marketing materials utilizing both traditional and digital media to help the organization’s message reach the desired audiences. Areas of responsibility include creating eye-catching marketing materials for fundraising events; development of storytelling campaigns for social media to focus on programs, services, Sibshops, fundraising events, and more; staying informed on new opportunities for promotion and marketing on different platforms, and staying well-educated on best practices. The Marketing Coordinator will work with the Marketing Specialist with updating analytics for website, emails, and social media on a monthly basis and make recommendations for areas of improvement and opportunities for growth. The Marketing Coordinator will work with the Fund Development Director to measure the effectiveness of all marketing campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create content calendar and content for all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Business, Tiktok, and YouTube, ensuring campaign/company branding is consistent.
- Graphics will be created using the GFI Canva account.
- Manage social channels for comments, spam, and community shares. Work with Marketing Specialist to report monthly analytics on social shares.
- Work with Marketing Specialist to ensure SOP processes are being followed for internal Social media content requests.
- Press release generation for events, awards, major moments for Good Friend, Inc. Distribution to media and upload of release to website. Respond to media inquiries and set up interviews. .
- Use WordPress/Oxygen website layout for creating/uploading content to website pages ensuring campaign/company branding is consistent.
- Content may include event information, updates to existing pages, creating new pages, uploading blogs.
- Website maintenance to periodically check that links and forms are working correctly and addressing/correcting as needed or notifying the Website Contractor to make necessary fixes and verify that the fixes have been addressed.
- Create marketing materials (videos, flyers, posters) and utilize Good Friend, Inc. photos and videos to show a true representation of the organization. Working closely with the Creative Director and Marketing Specialist to complete tasks.
- May assist the Fund Development Director in creation of content for MailChimp email communications.
- Attend events in order to obtain content to be utilized for marketing materials/social media.
- Coordinate with staff, board or Good Friend, Inc. partners to obtain content to be utilized for marketing materials/social media/MailChimp communications from events not attended (Programs, Third Party fundraisers, etc.).
- Co-Chair of Committee: communicate with the Committee Chair to help create agenda, develop action items for committee members, and complete or delegate tasks and requests made by the committee.
- Social media for businesses
- Google Suite proficiency
- Canva or other graphics program working knowledge
- Google Analytics working knowledge
- Organized, works well independently and with a team, can manage a team member on projects
- Monday.com working knowledge
Education: Associate’s degree or comparable experience
Experience and/or Training: Social media for business at least 1 year
Education: Bachelor’s of Arts/Science
Experience and/or Training: Social media for business 3 or more years
Licenses/Certificates: Google Analytics for Beginners Certified
Technology/Equipment: Laptop (Good Friend, Inc. can supply or your own device), internet connection supportive of video conferencing, mobile phone (Good Friend, Inc. will pay stipend).
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, use close vision, talk (spoken or typed), and hear (or read closed captioning). Position may require repetitive movements.
- Participation in fundraising events will require ease of mobility and some lifting, usually 5-10#, occasionally 50#.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, follow up with team members, and engage in a 1-to-1 weekly meeting with your supervisor. As part of a team, members of which are working remotely, respond to emails and text messages, as well as use the project management platform, independently and in a timely manner.
- Understanding that many committee meetings and fundraisers may take place in the evening or over the weekend requires a flexible working schedule and transportation.
- Creating reports for the staff and Committee will require some math according to analytics, budget expectations, and key performance indicators.
- Creating graphics and managing the organization’s website requires knowledge of software platforms and the organization’s branding.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is an hourly part-time position. Average 25-30 hours per week, Wednesdays, nights and weekends for events and/or meetings.
Most team meetings offer both in-person, in-office (1025 S. Moorland Rd., Ste. 600, Brookfield) attendance opportunities or a remote video conference option. Remote work (computer tasks, phone calls, editing, design) can take place wherever the Marketing Coordinator is most comfortable and focused, so long as an internet connection is stable (for audio/video) and private (to protect data in web-based applications). When it is necessary to participate in remote meetings, consider background noise and visual distractions for all participants’ sake.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
*Good Friend Inc. retains the discretion to add duties or change the duties of this position at any time.
If you are interested in submitting a resume, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Andi Bishop c/o Good Friend, Inc.1025 S. Moorland Rd., Ste. 600Brookfield, WI 53005
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org