GPS Education Partners (GPS Ed) is a non-profit organization that utilizes an innovative education model to build strategic partnerships with education, business and the community. These partnerships enable us to accelerate students interested in technical careers, by preparing them through a credentialed work-based learning solution.
GPS Ed is seeking candidates for a Director of Finance position. Ideal candidates will have strong experience in overseeing the financials of the organization including but not limited to; accounting, costing, forecasting, budgeting, audits, and financial modeling. Our organization is delivering its programming in new ways to new regions. This new role will provide insight to support our strategy development, helping us positively impact as many students as possible. In conjunction with daily financial tasks, this role will operationalize and cultivate a more data-driven planning process and improved monthly and quarterly reporting. This role will be directly involved in the coordination of various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts and monthly outlooks), while providing strategic analyses and recommendations. The Director of Finance reports to the Chief Operating Officer and leads a team of two.
Essential Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Compile, track, analyze information from financial systems and databases to evaluate achievement of key operational and strategic objectives, as well as to monitor the overall financial and operating health/performance of the business.
- Develop, maintain, and distribute integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and financial models to support business analysis and decision-making.
- Manipulate data for day-to-day financial account and grant management. Apply results of analysis for allocation of expenses to appropriate accounts.
- Conduct ad-hoc financial analysis/special projects to assist management in understanding business performance and support strategic initiatives. Employ financial models to develop solutions to financial problems or to assess the financial or capital impact of transactions.
- Assist with the annual strategic planning and budgeting financial process. This includes collaborations with business leaders, data collection & consolidation process with FP&A resources and functional leadership and validating for completeness and accuracy.
- Develop new tools in order to drive scalable analysis and insight. Support/lead process improvement projects. Work in a team environment with other financial colleagues to streamline and drive improvement in financial processes through education, tools/systems, automation and standardization.
- Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience ideal)
- BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Ability to create financial models from scratch.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to turn complex financial information into actionable insights and clearly communicate findings in an easy to understand manner.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks
- Spreadsheet and ERP system experience
- Prior non-profit experience preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org