Job Title: Rental Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Housing
This position is responsible for overseeing the leasing and compliance of units in accordance with HUD regulation and agency standards for the Guest House’s permanent supportive housing programs. The Rental Coordinator will be responsible for inspecting housing units to make sure all units meet HQS standards and will provide staff with consultation for all leasing and property related issues.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 3 WEEKS OF VACATION & 11 PAID HOLIDAYS
- PAID BIRTHDAY OFF
- FREE DISABILITY INSURANCE
- FREE LIFE INSURANCE
- HEALTH, DENTAL & VISION BENEFITS
- CONTINUING EDUCATION BONUS
- WE ARE AN ELIGIBLE EMPLOYER FOR FEDERAL STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
- AND MORE!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect units regularly for compliance with HUD Habitability and Housing Quality Standards requirements.
- Administer program leasing with landlords for Guest House’s permanent Supportive Housing Programs.
- Provide mediation with landlords, related service providers and clients.
- Assure that all tenants’ files and other records are documented and preserved according to both Guest House and HUD standards.
- Coordinate move in and move out between landlords, Guest House staff and clients.
- Notify program participants of rule violations through warnings, discharges, and notices to vacate.
- Manage and prepare monthly rental payments, security deposits.
- Calculate and collect client monthly rental obligations.
- Coordinate maintenance and pest management requests with landlords.
- Assure that all relevant documentation relating to the operation of the program is maintained and updated as needed.
- Maintain and update housing spreadsheets and database.
- Establish and maintain positive community relationships.
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Housing.
- Knowledge and experience of requirements related to HUD, Wisconsin/Milwaukee County housing regulations.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbal and written.
- Ability to plan, implement and follow through on projects relating to the position.
- Skill and understanding in landlord tenant relations and an understanding of housing contracts and leases.
- Maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation in compliance with agency requirements.
- Flexibility in schedule.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree and one to three years of related experience.
- HUD HVC Housing Quality Standards Specialist Certificate preferred.
- Excellent mediation and people skills.
- Experience working with individuals who have/are living with mental illness and addiction issues.
- Crisis prevention and intervention training a plus.
- Computer proficient-working knowledge and expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- First Aid training and CPR certification a plus.
All Guest House of Milwaukee employees are required to report their COVID vaccination status, whether vaccinated or not, and must provide supporting documentation if vaccinated. Newly hired employees will be required to submit this information within their first two weeks of employment.
The Guest House of Milwaukee is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply Online Here!