The Community Resources Coordinator will lead the planning and execution of community events at Highland Community School as well as support the school’s ongoing fundraising program. The Community Resources Coordinator develops communications to update the extended community on happenings at Highland and will serve as the lead on alumni engagement. The Community Resources Coordinator understands and promotes the school’s mission, vision, values, and key goals both within and outside of the immediate school community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in fundraising activities for the school by working with the Executive Director on priorities. Feels comfortable supporting the following aspects of the fundraising program:
- Sending acknowledgment letters for all donations.
- Tracking all donor gifts using fundraising software.
- Prepares monthly board dashboard communicating fundraising progress.
- Annual fundraising appeal communications (print and/or digital).
- Manages community and alumni events in conjunction with volunteer leadership.
- Serves as the internal staff point person for all community event activity and volunteers.
- Recruits and leads volunteer committees.
- Manages logistics and communication for the event.
- Supervises event progress through regular meetings/contact with volunteers.
- Supervises day-of-event activities.
- Works with the accounting office to ensure secure financial processes are in place. Reconciles records with the accounting office.
- Communicates results of the event to constituents.
- Coordinates and executes communications relating to school fundraising, events, and alumni engagement.
- Serves as the main contact for communicating with Highland’s extended community (beyond current parents & staff including community partners, alumni families, etc.) regarding community news, updates, and important stakeholder information.
- Serves as the main contact for any media communications when necessary, including creating and distributing media releases and liaising with media professionals.
- Updates website content related to fundraising, events, and alumni engagement.
- Collaborates on MPS Charter renewal application and updates the extended community on its progress (every five years).
- Collaborates with Family Engagement Manager on the schoolwide communications plan & events calendar.
- Creates and coordinates the Alumni Engagement plans for Highland.
- Develops strategies for alumni engagement with the support of the Executive Director to foster relationships with the school for many groups of previous students and their families.
- Coordinates and plans alumni events throughout the school year.
- Works to keep accurate and up to date records of our alumni population including contact information and post Highland education data.
Completes all assigned job duties aligning with expectations set forth within the Highland Employee Handbook, Parent Handbooks, and the Charter Contract between Highland Community School and Milwaukee Public Schools. Performs related work as required.
Unforeseen circumstances may arise (such as damage or destruction of school property, or a closure of part or all of the school campus, among other things). This may require the school to modify the location, time, and/or means of its operations and/or the nature of staff assignments and may include teleworking. Should such a circumstance arise, you may be asked to perform your duties at a different location, during non-traditional school hours, by other non-traditional means or through teleworking.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Ms. Tracy Williams, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the full job description, visit our job openings webpage.