Essential Position Functions:
- Responsible for delivery of Humane Education and program initiatives in the context of summer camp
- Works well with individuals and small groups of youth, ranging from early childhood to middle school; provide a supportive environment for youth to thrive
- Ability to handle animals and work with groups of youth simultaneously
- Provides oversight, supervision and support to youth participants to ensure engagement and safety
- Act as ambassadors for humane values including but not limited to kindness, empathy, compassion and responsibility; using this in all interactions with participants; be mindful of attitudes and activities to live the mission
- Builds a good public image by communicating appropriately, professionally and timely with participants, their families, maintaining all assets, providing client services, and by being courteous, helpful and receptive to the public and their needs.
- Maintains all supplies and equipment required for smooth operations
- Works with all staff in all departments for optimum collaboration
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience and diversity in youth program delivery or related field; experience in customer service.
- Flexibility in staffing camp activities and in meeting youth needs for optimal engagement
- Demonstrated animal handling skills and high comfort level across breed species; equine experience welcomed
- Excellent written and oral communication internally and externally; ability to interact with colleagues and public
- High degree of confidentiality, courtesy, professionalism and reliability when interacting with the public
- Demonstrated ability to execute assignments both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated computer skills, experienced with Microsoft Office Suite
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and under noisy conditions
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Ability to pass criminal background check
- Current CPR certification, or the ability to be certified in CPR
- Ability to obtain work permit, if required
- Consistent Monday-Friday availability from late May 2022 through August 2022 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Megan Jahns, Humane Education Department Manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for this opportunity? Let them know that you learned about it on Jobs That Help!