IMPACT, a non-profit organization, offers a competitive pay with a full benefits package for a full time Senior IDP Assessor.
Since 1960, IMPACT has been serving Southeastern Wisconsin, helping people take the first step toward changing their life, for good. We assess and guide those experiencing personal crisis toward resources to achieve stability; and collaborate with community partners to foster system improvement.
Our role is critical. Critical conditions. Critical connections. Critical change.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a very important initiative here at IMPACT. We believe that the services we provide are enhanced when various groups of people with unique ideas come together. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a demonstrated commitment to various issues in human services are particularly encouraged to apply.
As part of the IMPACT Intoxicated Driver Program (IDP), the Senior IDP Assessor provides in-person and telephonic contact with clients, assesses their needs and provides recommendations for an appropriate referral to community resources. The IDP Assessor is also responsible for documentation and some case management services to ensure high quality customer service and enhance the client’s opportunity for success.
- Conduct assessments in-person and telephonically.
- Conduct assessments in the evening, once a week, if needed.
- Provide recommendations and referrals to the appropriate community resources.
- Provide case management services and follow up calls to clients as assigned.
- Maintain all documentation records in a timely manner.
- Attend agency or department meetings as assigned.
- Assist with new employee orientation and training.
- Contribute to resource development.
- Contribute to development of agency-wide initiatives.
- Represent agency at health fairs, speaking engagements and other Substance Use Disorder functions as appropriate.
- Ensure that IMPACT is compliant with applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding confidentiality.
- Maintain continuing education hours for the Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Milwaukee County as well as other contract requirements.
- Actively participate in and support the organization’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills, both internal and external.
- Contribute to working effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills
- Good listening skills and an ability to demonstrate empathy.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Solid knowledge of chemical dependency issues and recovery basics.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- SAC-IT preferred, but required if Bachelor’s degree is highest level of education.
- IDP-AT license preferred (if currently not licensed, requirement will be to obtain within one year of employment)
- At least one year of experience in the Substance Use Disorder services field
- Computer software expertise: Word, Excel; Ability to learn new software systems and agency-related systems (IMPACT Connect, IDP scheduler, etc.)
- Valid WI Driver’s License required with a current auto insurance policy and reliable vehicle
- Reside in the State of Wisconsin and within 50 miles of IMPACT
Benefits (eligible on the 1st of the month, following 30 days of employment):
- Health insurance, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending – Employees can make pre-tax payroll deductions for medical and childcare expenses.
- Long Term Disability at no cost to the employee
- Life & AD&D offered at no cost to the employee
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Offers 24/7 resources to employee and family for personal, financial, emotional, legal issues. No cost to the employee
- AFLAC – IMPACT offers supplemental insurance on an employee voluntary contribution basis.
- 401(K) Plan – Eligibility is six (6) months of service and 500 hours.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) begins accruing with the first day of work. This time can be used after the initial 90-days.
- IMPACT observes (11) Holidays – New Year’s Day, Dr Martin Luther King Jr Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve.
IMPACT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Click here to apply.